International opportunities for students

Who can apply?

 1st year UniTrento students of the master's degree course in:

  • European and International Studies

with a B2 English level

These requirements will be assessed when applying for the UniTrento call which is published every year. 

Please note that complete information and updates are to be checked on UniTrento call for applications and on the partner website. 

Why MUP?

MUP dynamic and modern university (founded in 2001) in a vibrant and multicultural city. It has about 4,000 students, many of whom are international.
The Master in International Relations and European Studies will allow you to:

  • deepen current international policies and conflicts
  • practical skills in the field of diplomacy
  • build a network of contacts with experts from international, European and governmental institutions
  • follow seminars with international experts
  • services and facilities (3 entirely barrier-free facilities in Prague - Strašnice, Žižkov, and Jarov districts; 2 fully-equipped multimedia labs that provide MUP students with an opportunity to learn how to complete day-to-day multimedia tasks; modern lecture rooms equipped with video projectors and audio systems with wireless microphones; secured Wi-fi access points; electronic Student Information System; ISIC/ALIVE cards for students issued directly at the university; lounge areas providing students with a comfortable environment where they can relax and socialise; protected bike racks for students and staff on the university premises; the Jiří Hájek Specialised Library offers access to professional periodicals and a multitude of electronic resources; Cafe Bistro MUP)

What is the added value?

International cooperation is among key MUP activities. With respect to the extent of student mobility, MUP ranks among the leading private universities in the Czech Republic with a network of more than 200 partner universities on 5 continents: in Europe within the framework of the ERASMUS programme, in Asia, North Africa, and in the Americas.
Study stays and internships abroad are available to all MUP students, regardless of their citizenship. Annually, more than 200 MUP students take advantage of this opportunity. By the same token, the interest of incoming students from abroad, who contribute towards the creation of a multicultural atmosphere at MUP, is steadily increasing and is currently represented by more than 150 students per year.
In Italy and abroad, a double degree is always an added value. Not only the experts say it, you just have to browse through the job offers to realize that companies and organizations are looking for international and open-minded profiles, able to work in multicultural teams and to face ever new global challenges: these are the workers of the future.

What are the professional outlets?

The interdisciplinary nature of the course allows you to fully understand the economic, legal, political and social transformations in the European and international context and the governance systems. MUP graduates can aspire to hold important roles in diplomatic missions, international institutions and organizations and in the world of journalism.

What are the requirements at the time of departure?​

  • have obtained at least 50 credits of the 1st year
    The requisites will be checked just before the mobility, between August and beginning of September.

How long does mobility abroad take?

2 semesters (60 credits) from September.

Study plan

The study plan must be agreed and approved in advance by both academic supervisors.
A template is available in the downloads

In which language?

Courses are in English.

How does the conversion of grades take place?

The conversion takes place on the basis of the conversion table available in the downloads.


The thesis work can be carried out while at MUP under the supervision of one professor from each university but must be discussed at UniTrento.

Tuition fees

Students participating in the double degree program pay the tuition fees exclusively at UniTrento.

Educational qualification

At the end of the double degree course, students obtain two separate second cycle degree diplomas:

-  from MUP: Master's degree  in International Relations and European Studies
- from UniTrento: Laurea magistrale European and International Studies