International opportunities for students

Language courses and examinations

The students selected to participate in a mobility programme may attend a free language course held at CLA to prepare for the mobility. Further information are available here. Possible language examinations held at CLA (University Language Center) for students who want to spend a mobility period abroad will be published on this page. At the moment, there are none planned.

Support for students with disabilities and/or special needs

Support for students with disabilities and/or special needs intending to spend a moblity period abroad in the frame of the Erasmus+ Programme can ask for an additional financial contribution through the Unitn offices in charge (that work as interface with the Italian National Agency, which will decide whether  to accept the request, and if so the amount of additional contribution). In order to obtain this contribution, the candidate has to state his disability in his online application for the mobility.

Before submitting the application, we suggest the candidate to contact the offices specified in the selection call to verify which of the destinations available can provide him with the facilities and services needed.
As to other mobility programmes (Double Degree, Bilateral Agreements, etc.), we suggest the candidates to contact the offices specified in the selection calls, in order to obtain more precise information about the special services provided and the procedures to be followed.
Students with disabilities and/or special needs may also benefit from other dedicated services.

Psychological Support Service

The Psychological Support Service for students of the University of Trento is a listening area for those who are experiencing psychological distress, that has negative consequences on the academic career and, in general, on university life.
A new Service, AS4ia (Advisory Service for italians abroad), has been recently activated. It aims to support students and PhDs of the University of Trento who are studying abroad and are facing psychological problems.
The psychological support is offered online, via Skype, and it can be structured in four or five interviews.

Confidential Counsellor - Support Service for mobbing and sexual harassment cases

The Support Service of the Confidential Counsellor is aimed at preventing, managing and resolving cases of mobbing and sexual harassment in the workplace or study environment.

The Confidential Counsellor, dr. Barbara Giovanna Bello, has been committed for years to the protection of human rights and equal opportunities and collaborates with various non-governmental bodies and organizations, at national and European level. She is a person external to the University, In order to safeguard the neutrality, privacy and independence on the analyzed cases.

Anyone who studies or works at the University of Trento and thinks to be suffered by acts or behaviors harmful to the dignity of the person or that cause psychological distress at work, due to mobbing or sexual harassment, can contact her to request information or to fix an appointment. The Confidential Counsellor meets people individually and her intervention is free of charge. She can receive in Italian, English or German. 



The international network "Housing anywhere” supports students who will spend a study or research period abroad (or in Italy) in finding or providing an accomodation. The student’s registration in the system is free and allows to exchange houses with other students in mobility, facilitating short time period researchs and certifying students’ exclusive participation in the programme.
The international student organization Erasmus Student Network also provides suggestions for UniTrento students looking fro housing abroad.

Health insurance and public-liability insurance

Students participating in a mobility programme are covered by a public-liability insurance provided by UniTrento.
An illustrative report about the insurance condititions is available in the Download Box.
Each student is also required to be provided with a private helth insurance, based on the conditions of both destination and origin country. You are free to buy any private insurance (the presentation of one example, AON Insurance, is avaiable in the Download Box).

Travelling safe

It is student duty to get information about how to obtain a visa (cost, schedules, required documents etc.), if this is required by the host Country. For further information please contact directly the diplomatic institutions on Italian soil. A complete list of all the embassies is avaiable here

Tandem Language Learning

What is Tandem Language Learning?

Tandem Language Learning is an opportunity to improve your skills in a foreign language outside the classroom, in a more relaxed and informal context. It is a meeting between native speakers of different languages who wish to improve their level of proficiency in a foreign language, by speaking together and learning about each other’s cultures.

When does it start?

Tandem Language Learning lasts one semester (from September to December, or from February to May) and consists of 24 hours of conversation.

Who can participate?

All students (BA, MA and PhD) currently studying at the University of Trento, or planning to study there in a mobility programme (incoming exchange students).

How do you apply?

Fill in the online application form.


for 2nd semester: January 10th 2020 - February 10th 2020  

You will receive an email with the outcome of your application. We will then put you in contact with your tandem partner.

How does it work?

There is only one rule in Tandem Language Learning: You are expected to meet your tandem partner at least once a week, for a minimum of 2 hours per week, and to speak both languages (half the time one language, half the time the other).

You can decide where you want to meet.

You will also have the possibility to meet all participants in Tandem Language Learning twice a week in the Department of Humanities for group conversations and activities.

You will be asked to keep track of the topics of your conversations, the goals and the improvements you think you have achieved.

Completing your tandem (that is, all the 24 hours) also gives you the possibility to receive the Open Digital Badge, which certifies that you have successfully accomplished this activity:

Furthermore, if you are a student of the Department of Humanities or an Erasmus student incoming of the Department of Humanities you can also get 1 CFU.

For further information: tandem [at]