Who can apply?
The agreement allows students to choose between two different paths of different duration: the program to award the Diplôme d'ingenieur (4 mobility semesters), or the Master's programme (2 mobility semesters).
Option 1 (for obtaining the Diplôme d'ingenieur) is open to 1st year UniTrento students of one of the following master's degree courses:
- Civil Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
with a B1 in French* and B1 in English languages.
Option 2 (for the achievement of one of the following Masters: "Mechanics of soils, rocks and facility in their environment" or "Transport and Mobility", is open only to UniTrento students enrolled in the first year of the Master's Degree in Civil Engineering.
* Selected students may apply as double degree students at ENPC as long as they can provide proof of French B1 within June through a French language certificate which indicates the number of hours of French issued by the home university or B1: TEF 361 or DELF B1.
Please note that complete information and updates are to be checked on UniTrento call for applications and on the partner website.
What is T.I.M.E.?
T.I.M.E. (Top International Managers in Engineering) is a consortium of 58 prestigious Faculties of Engineering and Polytechnics from all over the world that offers double degree courses in several branches of engineering.
The T.I.M.E. it distinguishes the high level and the international dimension of training and makes recent graduates competitive globally.
In addition to ENPC UniTrento has active agreements with the following universities / Schools: TU Dresden, the group of the Ecoles Centrale (Lille, Lyon, Nantes, Marseille, CentraleSupélec), the Technische Universität München, the Instituto Superior Tecnico of Lisbon.
École des Ponts is a leading French engineering school. Since 1747, it has been training high-level engineers, future leaders and researchers capable of meeting the challenges of society and transforming it. In addition to civil engineering and urban planning, which have historically been its hallmarks, École des Ponts is developing education and research excellence related to the challenges of the energy transition.
What is the added value?
- An elite multidisciplinary education with a high scientific level
- Multiple opportunities for interaction with companies
- A human size that allows for personalized curricula and individual follow-up
Thanks to the Double Degree program, UniTrento students of Option 1. can directly access the Grande Ecole three-year master's degree course (equivalent to the Italian master's degree). UniTrento students therefore have a privileged entry channel compared to French students who are required first to attend two years of "Classes préparatoires" after the high school (mainly focused on the deepening of mathematics, physics and chemistry) and then to pass a very selective entry exam.
What are the professional outlets?
In addition to the already good employment prospects of the engineers of the degree courses, dual-level graduates especially of Option 1. can aspire to top positions in companies at international level. As a matter of fact the one-year internship (stage de césure) and the 4-6 months thesis work (PFE-Projet de fin d'études) can take place in one of the companies of the rich network that ENPC boasts not only in Europe but all over the world (e.g. USA and Japan).
What are the requirements at the time of departure?
- have obtained all the credits of the first year of master's degree
- weighted average of marks of at least 25/30
How long does mobility abroad take?
Option 1 (Diplôme d'ingenieur):
- 2 years, if you opt for a short summer internship in France, between the first and second year
- 3 years, in case you opt for the one-year internship (stage de césure) between the first and second year, in France or aborad
Option 2 (Master's degree - only for Civil Engineering students):
- 1 year, if you opt for the Master option
UniTrento scholarship covers max 2 years.
Selected students will be informed about possible additional scholarship/financial support by ENPC for option 1.
The mobility starts in September.
With Option 1. you will enter the 2nd year at ENPC and can choose most of the courses within one of the following Departments depending of your study course:
- Génie civil et construction
- Génie industriel
- Génie mécanique et matériaux
- Ingénierie mathématique et informatique
- Sciences économiques gestion finance
- Ville environnement transport
Your study plan must be approved by both university supervisors.
Details on the mobility scheme and study courses in the Fact sheet and in the Templates in the downloads.
In which language?
All courses are delivered in French.
How does the conversion of grades take place?
The conversion takes place on the basis of the conversion table available in the downloads.
During your fourth semester at the ENPC, your will prepare the thesis project. This is a full time work (of 4-6 months, from February to September) and can be carried out in a company or in a lab.
The thesis work, in English or in French, must be discussed at ENPC in the presence of a representative from UniTrento.
Students participating in the double degree program pay the tuition fees at UniTrento. In addition ENPC requires the compulsory tuition fee of approx. 1.000 euros/year ("frais de scolarité" CMCI - contribution pour la mission de coopération internationale).
- Master's Degree in Engineering from UniTrento
- Diplôme d'Ingenieur from ENPC (Option1) or Master in "Mechanics of soils, rocks and structures in their environment" or Master in "Transport and Mobility" (Option 2), by ENPC