What is short mobility within the ECIU University?
It is a short-term mobility opportunity that allows you to join an international and multidisciplinary team. The team will analyze concrete challenges and develop possible solutions together with the supervision of a teamcher who has the task of facilitating communication. The micro-modules help you to acquire the skills you need to solve the challenge and/or deepen specific knowledge. The challenges are proposed by a city, region, company or a public institution.
It is not compatible with simultaneous participation in other mobility programs for which you have already been selected, except in the case where the ECIU activity is planned at the same university where you have been accepted for exchange mobility (in this case there is no additional financial support).
Build your network of connections by working with other students, faculty, experts, business and organization representatives from different backgrounds.
Enhance your intercultural skills, share practices and ideas, develop the ability to solve problems and work in a team.
You may have the opportunity to further develop the proposed solutions, create new services, products, research opportunities, start-ups and spin-offs.
All the challenges and micro-modules are organized at the partner universities of the ECIU Consortium:
- Dublin City University (Ireland),
- Aalborg University (Denmark),
- Hamburg University of Technology (Germany),
- Institut National des Sciences Appliquées (France),
- Kaunas University of Technology (Lithuania),
- Linköping University (Sweden),
- Lodz University of Technology (Poland),
- Tampere University (Finland),
- Universitat Autà²noma de Barcelona (Spain),
- University of Aveiro (Portugal),
- University of Stavanger (Norway),
- University of Twente (Netherlands).
How to Apply
Browse through the challenges available on the Challenge Platform. Sign up on the platform and register for the challenges that interest you most.
Follow the micro-modules that can help you gain additional knowledge or skills.
Once your application has been approved by the Organizer, contact the International Relations Division (international [at] unitn.it) to formalize your experience and understand if you can obtain an economic support.
Before departure, also check with your Department or Center to find out if prior authorization is required that will allow you to obtain recognition of the activity once you have completed the experience abroad.
If the ECIU activity you chose to participate in is organized in a blended format, the physical mobility lasts for 5 days minimum (travel excluded) and the workload is recognized for 3 credits, supported by the International Relations Division you will be asked to complete an Online Learning Agreement and to sign a financial agreement before the mobility because the framework will be the Erasmus+ programme. In all the other cases, no pre-departure documents are requested.
Once the experience (physical, blended or virtual) has been completed, you will receive a Certificate of Participation and a Challenge Supplement, which describes the work you have done in more detail. In the event of physical mobility you will be asked to complete also a certification for the period spent abroad.
At the end of the challenge/micro-module (and in the event of physical mobility, after coming back from abroad) you will be asked to complete the Apply "Confirmation of participation in challenge/micro-module", uploading the above mentioned documents. In the event of physical mobility, within the Apply you can ask for the economic support. Bank details for the payment will be asked in Apply Communication of data for scholarship payment
In the event of physical mobility, that cannot exceed 30 days' duration, you will be able to receive a financial support, that can help you in covering travel and accommodation expenses abroad:
- € 70,00/day for mobility from 1 to 14 days
- € 50,00/day for mobility from 15 to 30 days
In order to calculate the contribution, also 2 days for travel will be counted (e.g. If physical mobility lasts 7 days, you will receive financing for 9 days, for a total € 630 = € 70*9).
If you travel mostly with a sustainable means of transport (train, bus, car sharing or bicycle), recognized days for travel will be 4 and you will receive a top-up contribution of € 50. A dedicated on-line application will be soon available. You have to keep the tickets and upload the scanned copy in the Apply "Confirmation of participation in challenge/micro-module" at your return.
An additional financial contribution - € 100 for a mobility till 14 days and € 150 for a mobility from 15 up to 30 days - is provided to students with fewer opportunities who declare to belong to one of the following categories:
- Students (I and II level) with an ISEE value from € 0 up to € 24.335,12 (students who are not asked to provide ISEE by UniTrento will be automatically included into this category);
- Students with medically certified physical, mental or other health conditions;
- Students from a migrant background and refugees;
- Students with minor children;
- Student workers;
- Students who are Professional Athletes;
- Students who are orphans of at least one parent;
- Students who are children of victims of terrorism and organized crime.
All the above mentioned contributions will be paid after the mobility.
You can apply for the financial support only once for semester and for a maximum of 3 times during your studies at UniTrento University.
Financial support is not provided if:
- the mobility is totally virtual;
- you have already participated in physical mobility within the Erasmus programme (study, traineeship, ICM, EM both during LLP-Erasmus and Erasmus+ framework) for 12 months during the study cycle you are enrolled in (24 months in case of single cycle master's degree).
Prior to beginning the activity, the professor responsible for the study course must approve the recognition and students must submit their recognition request to the Student Support Office. The activity can be recognized by UniTrento as free choice credits, elective credits or in other ways according to the regulations of each degree programme.