Who can apply?
For the Department of Civil, Environmental and Mechanical Engineering, UniTrento students enrolled in the first year of one of the following master's degree courses:
- Civil Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
For the Department of Industrial Engineering, UniTrento students enrolled in the first year of one of the following master's degree courses:
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Materials and Production Engineering
- in possession of a relevant Bachelor with a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0, i.e. with a weighted average of 24-26/30 and final mark of 88-98/110 (conversion table in the Useful Links);
- with advanced English level, equivalent to: TOEFL with a score of at least 85 or IELTS with a minimum score of 6.5 or Pearson Test of English with a minimum score of 59 (correspondence table in the Useful Links).
Please note that complete information and updates are to be checked on UniTrento call for applications and on the partner website.
The stay abroad can be 2 semesters instead of 1, with the possibility for the student to carry out a paid internship in a laboratory or company.
In both cases, although economically demanding for the student, the path is highly professionalizing thanks to the mandatory "capstone" (research project or internship).
What is the added value?
What are the professional outlets?
In addition to the already good employment prospects of engineers, double degree graduates can aspire to top positions in international, Italian or American companies.
What are the requirements at the time of departure?
- have achieved all the credits of the first year of the master's degree
- have an average of at least 24/30 for UniTrento courses that will be recognized within the UC career
Possible mobility schemes
At UniTrento (with the achievement of all credits)
UC recognizes 15 US credits of his Trento career for students to reach a total of 30 US credits
- option 1:
1 semester at UC (Fall: last week of August - mid-December or Spring: beginning of January - end of April), earning 15 US credits (12 US credits for 4 courses + 3 capstone on campus), equivalent to 30 ECTS that UniTrento recognizes on student career.
N.B. the choice of the mobility semester must be confirmed by UC which verifies that there is compatibility between the transcripts of each student and the courses available at UC.
- 2 semesters at UC (fall and spring) with 15 US credits per semester and capstone-paid internship in the company in spring semester.
The salary of the internship amortises and almost cancels the cost of the fees for the second semester.
NB: Students have to find the hosting company autonomously; the internship in a company is therefore not guaranteed. UC can provide suggestions on how to look for a job and write a resume.
At the end of the mobility at UC: return to UniTrento thesis discussion.
You can decide whether to extend the mobility at the beginning of the first semester of mobility but, for the purpose of issuing an F1 visa, you are recommended to apply for a one-year mobility.
In the downloads there is a Guide that indicates the various stages from application to visa application.
An ad hoc study plan for each student must be agreed and approved in advance by both institutions and sent to the host university before the mobility within the month of February.
UC will confirm, in the case of only one semester of mobility, on which semester the student can move (Fall or Spring).
At the end of the mobility at UC: return to UniTrento and thesis defense.
Fees and scholarships
UC grants UniTrento students a scholarship of USD 5,000 / semester to support the payment of tuition and fees (USD 15,000 / semester) and accommodation (USD 5,000 / semester). An additional contribution towards tuition and fees of up to 10,000 USD is granted if the students stay for the second semester to do their capstone.
In addition the student can count on the UniTrento scholarship.
At the end of the double degree program, students obtain two distinct second-cycle degrees:
- From UniTrento, one of the following titles: Master's Degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Materials and Production Engineering
- From CEAS: Master of Engineering (MEng)