You can apply to the Double Degree Programme with UniTrento for the following master's degree courses:
- Civil Engineering (Ingegneria Civile) - Department of Civil, Environmental and Mechanical Engineeringâ€‹
- â€‹Environmental Engineering (Ingegneria per l'Ambiente e il Territorio) - Department of Civil, Environmental and Mechanical Engineering
- Materials and Production Engineering - Department of Industrial Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering - Department of Industrial Engineering
What is the added value?
In Italy and abroad, a double degree is always an added value. Not only the experts say it, you just have to browse through the job offers to realize that companies and organizations are looking for international and open-minded profiles, able to work in multicultural teams and to face ever new global challenges: these are the engineers of the future.
How long is the mobility?
The mobility lasts at least 3 semesters. The DDP is intended to provide an opportunity not only to integrate the academic education of UniTrento and IST, but to provide an additional element of professional training.
The studies leading to the Double Degree will total 180 ECTS including the final thesis. The whole duration of the Programme is usually three years.
Specific requirements and study plan
- have completed 60 ECTS at IST
- have proven their sufficient motivation and adequate language skills (Italian A2 or Italian B2 or English B2 according to the language in which the study course is taught - see paragraph "In which language")
In which language?
Civil Engineering is completely taught in Italian and an A2 level of Italian is needed before reaching UniTrento.
In case the level cannot be certified before the mobility, you have to take an A2 Italian exam by the end of your mobility at UniTrento (Italian courses are provided by UniTrento Linguistic Centre (CLA) without any charge up to the level required (see Useful links for all language courses provided). However, it is strongly recommended that students arrive in Trento with at least basic Italian knowledge.
- Materials and Production Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Environmental Engineering (partly in Italian but it is possible to attend an entire track in English)
It shall be carried out according to the degree course regulations and the thesis Committee preferably includes a member from the partner Institution.
Students participating in the double degree program pay the tuition fees exclusively at IST except for 3 revenue stamps of 16 euros each.
- Master's Degree in "Ingegneria Civile" or in "Ingegneria per l'Ambiente e il Territorio" or in "Materials and Production Engineering" or in "Mechatronics Engineering", by UniTrento;
- Mestrado by IST.