International opportunities for students
Maths and Physics

Which course?

You can apply to the Double Degree Programme with the UniTrento for the following master's degree courses:
  • Mathematics - Department of Mathematics
  • Physics - Department of Physics

Who can apply?

You can apply to the Double Degree Programme (DDP) with UniTrento if you:
  • are enrolled in one of the following Masters of Science at University of Tübingen: Mathematics, Physics, Astro Particle Physics, Mathematical Physics, Advanced Quantum Physics
  • have a B2 level in English language

What is the added value?

In Italy and abroad, a double degree is always an added value. Not only the experts say it, you just have to browse through the job offers to realize that companies and organizations are looking for international and open-minded profiles, able to work in multicultural teams and to face ever new global challenges: these are the scientists of the future.

How long is the mobility?

For Maths students: the mobility lasts 2 semesters 
For students in the Physics area: the mobility lasts 1 or 2 semesters. It is highly recommended to spend 2 semesters at UniTrento so as to have a full experience of the DDP.

Specific requirements and study plan 

All specific requirements and study plan are illustrated in the downloads. 

In which language?

Programs are completely taught in English and a B2 level of English is needed before reaching UniTrento.

How does the conversion of grades take place?

The conversion takes place on the basis of the conversion table available in the downloads.


For Maths students: the thesis work is carried out at UniTrento
For students in the Physics area: either UniTrento (recommended) or UT.

Tuition fees

Students participating in the double degree program pay the tuition fees exclusively at UT except for 3 revenue stamps of 16 euros each.

Educational qualification

At the end of the double degree course, students obtain two separate second cycle degree diplomas:
Master's Degree in Physics ("Laurea Magistrale in Fisica") at UniTrento 
Master's Degree in Physics or Astro Particle Physics, or  Advanced Quantum Physics from UT
Master's Degree in Mathematics ("Laurea Magistrale in Matematica") at UniTrento 
Master's Degree in Mathematik or in Mathematical Physics, from UT