International opportunities for students

The double degree (or dual degree) is an integrated study programme between two or more universities in different countries.
Thanks to the over 40 agreements that UniTrento has activated since 1997, you will be able to spend part of your career at your home institution and part at the University of Trento (from 1 to 4 semesters) and, after a successful conclusion of your study plan, you will be awarded at the same time two degrees, either at Bachelor's or at the Master's level.

A double degree is always an added value. Companies and organizations are looking for international and open-minded profiles, able to work in multicultural teams, and face ever new global challenges: these are the workers of the future.

The most frequent motivations that push students to make this engaging choice are:

to get a broader educational diversification
to improve a foreign language
to deeper understand a different culture

You can find some short videos by our incoming double degree students in the Useful links.

Every year, the partner universities provide UniTrento with the list of the students selected according to specific requirements set in each double degree Agreement ("nominations"). In some cases, the selection is made by a consortium of partners.

In order to check if you are eligible for double degree mobility, contact the international office at your home university to get more information on specific requirements, needed steps, and deadlines for applications.

Students' international mobility is managed by three offices at UniTrento, according to the area of study: Social Sciences and Humanities/Technology and Science/Cognitive Science (see Contacts).
After a final screening of the applications, the Mobility Office of reference sends to admitted students the necessary information for successful and serene mobility. 

In the downloads you can find:

  • list of all double degree agreements and contacts valid for the different study courses;
  • a template of a general study plan to be approved by DD coordinators of both Universities before or during mobility (specific study plan samples for most of the agreements can be asked to Mobility Offices). Different Learning Agreements might be needed according to the individual case.

We are really looking forward to meeting you soon!