The double degree (or dual degree) is an integrated study programme between two or more universities in different countries.
Thanks to the over 40 agreements that UniTrento has activated since 1997, you will be able to spend part of your career at your home institution and part at the University of Trento (from 1 to 4 semesters) and, after a successful conclusion of your study plan, you will be awarded at the same time two degrees, either at Bachelor's or at the Master's level.
A double degree is always an added value. Companies and organizations are looking for international and open-minded profiles, able to work in multicultural teams, and face ever new global challenges: these are the workers of the future.
The most frequent motivations that push students to make this engaging choice are:
- to get a broader educational diversification
- to improve a foreign language
- to deeper understand a different culture
Every year, the partner universities provide UniTrento with the list of the students selected according to specific requirements set in each double degree Agreement ("nominations"). In some cases, the selection is made by a consortium of partners.
In order to check if you are eligible for double degree mobility, contact the international office at your home university to get more information on specific requirements, needed steps, and deadlines for applications.
Just to give you an idea of the timeframes:
Nominations by Partner Universities:
from 15th March to 15th May 2021 for the Fall/Winter semester and full-year students
by 15th October 2021 for the Spring/Summer semester
by 31st May 2021 for the Fall/Winter semester and full-year students
by 31st October 2021 for the Spring/Summer semester.
All links for nomination and applications are available in the Factsheet in the useful links section.
Students' international mobility is managed by three offices at UniTrento, according to the area of study: Social Sciences and Humanities/Technology and Science/Cognitive Science (see Contacts).
After a final screening of the applications, the Mobility Office of reference sends to admitted students the necessary information for
a successful and serene mobility.
UniTrento will continue to monitor the COVID-19 emergency. To keep updated on the situation, please visit the dedicated webpage for incoming international students (Useful Links Section) where you can also find a dedicated Virtual Mobility package with information and socio-cultural activities to be fully “virtually” immersed in the UniTrento community.
For the 1st semester we are planning on a mix of on-line and face-to-face courses.
For the 2nd, we hope to gradually provide more opportunities for students to be physically present in classes depending on the evolution of the pandemic. In any case, access to in-person lectures will be regulated to ensure adequate social distancing and safety.
In the downloads you can find:
- a list of all double degree agreements and contacts valid for the different study courses;
- UniTrento Fact-sheet containing a short presentation of UniTrento, academic offer, general requirements, timeframes, services and facilities, the links for applications and contacts;
- Guide for International Students with more detailed information about the University, accademic offer and services;
- a template of a Learning Agreement to be approved by DD coordinators of both Universities before or during mobility (specific study plan samples for most of the agreements can be asked to Mobility Offices).
We are really looking forward to meeting you soon!