Admission to MIM is highly selective: there is intense competition for a class of 35 students. Application will be online.
Taking your time when filling in the online application is extremely important. It is essential to provide accurate information on your relevant academic and professional achievements along with concerns, aspirations and motivations that could support your application.
The Call for applications 2023-34 is now closed.
The next Call for applications 2024-25 will open around mid December 2023.
Application Fee: 15€
- Read carefully the Call for Admission 2023-24 available at the bottom of the page
- Read carefully the application's requirements below and the Selection Criteria
- Apply online
- Pay the Application Fee (15€) after submitting the application
- The results are available at the webpage Selection and Admission
Compulsory application's requirements
1. A three or four years Bachelor's degree and Transcript of records
In the application process you must upload a scan of your updated Transcript of records in English or Italian and the Diploma, if already obtained. Please express your Grade Point Average (GPA) in percentage terms (e.g. 78%). In order to calculate the GPA (up to 100%) consider the weighted mean of your grades as reported on your Transcript of records and turn it into % through a proportion.
If you have not awarded your Diploma yet, you can submit your application, provided that you graduate:
- by the end of June: for Non-European applicants living abroad;
- by the end of October: for European applicants or Non-European applicants currently living in Italy
A three or four years Bachelor Diploma is compulsory for the enrollment to the Program.
2. English proficiency (B2 level)
English proficiency (min. B2 level CEFR) is a mandatory requirement for being admitted to the selection. The B2 level (or higher) can be certified as follows:
- English native speaker
- International Certificate: please refer to the art. 2 of the Call for the accepted Certificates and deadlines (ex. IELTS min. 6, TOEFL, Cambridge FCE, CAE; CPE, etc..).
- Previous Bachelor Degree entirely in English (upload an official statement from your University that certifies that courses and exams were held in English)
- GMAT score 580 or higher
- Having passed the B2 (or higher) English language exam in another University.
- Registering to the English language test organized by the University of Trento by submitting the Application for English language test by April 28, 2023
3. Statement of purpose
Please provide information on your motivation for the Master's program, your extracurricular activities and your work experience. Focus on you future rather than on your past experiences.
Three major points should be extensively explained:
- Why would you like to study in this Master?
- How do you see your professional future in five years?
- How will the Master assist you in obtaining these goals?
Tip: do not just list your past experiences as they are explicited in your CV: rather use your past successes (and failures!) to show that you would fit into the program.
A brief but complete CV (pdf) should highlight the most important steps of your academic and professional career.
5. Two reference letters
At least two reference letters should be written (in English or Italian) by two referees. Referees may be, for example, professors at the University, managers in your Company, internship supervisors, etc... A mixture of academic and business reference letters may be the best solution if you have significant work experience after graduating or as intern during your studies, but it is not compulsory. Just consider that the reference letter should support your application to the Program.
You don not have to upload the reference letters in the online application, you just have to add the contact details of the referees.
The referees must send the Reference Letter by e-mail directly to mim [at] unitn.it by the application's deadline. It is your responsibility to contact the referees and ask them to send the reference letter via email to the Master Manager. The University of Trento will send a confirmation email to the referee after receiving the reference letter.
!!Letters sent from personal e-mail addresses, e.g. name [at] yahoo.it, as well as reference letters sent in any other way that doesn't respect the mentioned procedure, will not be considered.