The complete application for the Master's degree in Cognitive Science consists of:
- Copy of current passport (photo page only) or valid ID
- Bachelor's degree
- Transcript of records
- Proof of a good command of English (at least B2 level)
- Statement of purpose
- Curriculum vitae
besides candidates can upload the following information related to:
- Reference letter (not mandatory - to be sent by the Referee)
- Copies of any supporting documents that you feel may contribute to your application
To apply for the Master's course in Cognitive Science, please access the MCS online application and complete it accurately.
Please note that no paper nor email applications will be accepted.
A first-level degree (at least three years- 6 semesters) awarded by an internationally recognized university-level institution is the minimum requirement in order to apply for the Master's degree in Cognitive Science. You are required to scan a copy of your degree and upload it to the online application in the dedicated area.
Undergraduate applicants are also accepted, provided that they obtain their Bachelor's degree:
- before June 30, 2023 for non-EU students resident abroad
- before September 30, 2023 for EU students or non EU-students permanently resident in Italy
In this case you'll have to provide an enrollment certificate from your university
You are required to inform us about the courses you passed in your previous and/or actual degree, providing a list with the name and grade of each course/ exam, and final mark. The transcript must be written or officially translated in English or Italian.
To attend the Master's programme in Cognitive Science a good command of English, at least at a B2 level, is required. In the online application you will be asked to provide evidence of it by choosing one of the following options:
1. Upload an official certification. Please read carefully the guidelines set out by the Language Centre of the University of Trento (available in the Download area) to check if your certification is accepted and still valid. Expired certifications won't be accepted.
2) English is your mother tongue. Please submit a self-declaration along with your application
3) Your Bachelor's degree (or another Masters' programme you completed) is entirely held in English. Please submit a declaration from your University stating that the official language of instruction is English.
4) You have passed a University exam or test for the English Language at least at a B2 level. Please attach a certificate or University transcript: the level must be clearly showed and stated (a generic "English language" exam will not be considered as valid)
Important: You can apply for the Master's programme even though you do not meet any of these options, but in case of admission you'll have to submit an English B2 level certificate by:
- June 30th, 2023 for non-Eu students who permanently reside abroad
- August 31st, 2023 for Italian, Eu and non-Eu citizens with permanent residence in Italy
The Admissions Committee strongly relies on the statement of purpose to select the most motivated applicants. In the online application you are asked to submit a statement of maximum 4.000 characters (spaces included) where you provide information on your motivation for the Master's program, your extracurricular activities and your work experience.
A brief but complete CV in English should highlight the most important steps of your academic and professional career and include information about permanent contact and present address, phone number and email.
Letter of recommendation, not mandatory, should be written by one of your professors at University and/or by managers in your company. Complete the section Referee(s) in the online application form with the information required about your referee and ask your referee to send the letter directly to us (mcs [at] unitn.it) specifying your name in the subject line. We strongly encourage you to use the sample reference letter in the Download box . Contact us immediately if you or your referee have any problem.