The complete application for the Master's degree in Cognitive Science consists of:
- Copy of current passport (photo page only) or valid ID
- Bachelor's degree
- Transcript of records
- Good command of English (at least B2 level)
- Statement of purpose
- Curriculum vitae
besides candidates can upload the following information related to:
- Reference letter (not mandatory - to be sent by the Referee)
- Copies of any supporting documents that you feel may contribute to your application
To apply for the Master's course in Cognitive Science, please access the MCS online application and complete it accurately.
Please note that no paper nor email applications will be accepted.
A first-level degree (at least three years- 6 semesters) awarded by an internationally recognized university-level institution is the minimum requirement in order to apply for the Master's degree in Cognitive Science. You are required to scan a copy of your degree and upload it to the online application in the dedicated area.
Undergraduate applicants are also accepted, provided that they obtain their Bachelor's degree:
- before June 30, 2022 for non-EU students resident abroad
- before September 30, 2022 for EU students or non EU-students permanent resident in Italy
In this case you'll have to provide an enrollment certificate from your university
You are required to inform us about the courses you passed in your previous and/or actual degree, providing a list with the name and grade of each course/ exam, and final mark. The transcript must be written or officially translated in English or Italian.
To attend the Master's programme in Cognitive Science a good command of English, at least at a B2 level, is required. In the online application you will be asked to provide evidence of it by choosing one of the following options:
1. Upload an official certification. Please read carefully the guidelines set out by the Language Centre of the University of Trento (available in the Download area) to check if your certification is accepted and still valid. Expired certifications won't be accepted. According to the guidelines only the following tests are accepted:
- FCE (First Certificate in English): level B2
- BEC (Business English Certificate): level Vantage
- IESOL (International ESOL): Communicator + Spoken English (ISESOL): level communicator
- ISE II (Integrated Skills in English)
- IELTS: Competent user - Overall band score higher than 5,5, and no skill lower than 5,5
- TOEFL iBT (TOEFL Internet-Based Testing): no skill lower than 18
- EFB (English for Business): level 2
- JETSET: level 5 - Vantage
- Pearson General English Test: level 3
- Pearson Academic English Test: minimum score 42
- Oxford Test of English "B" level: score 111-140
- NATO STANAG : level 3 (= B2+)
- Anglia: Advanced
- GA Level 1: Certificate in ESOL International (Classic B2), no skill lower than 55/100
- LanguageCert: International ESOL B2 Communicator
2) English is your mother tongue. Please submit a self-declaration along with your application
3) Your Bachelor's degree is entirely held in English. Please submit a declaration from your University stating that the official language of instruction is English.
4) You have passed a University exam or test for the English Language at least at a B2 level. Please attach a certificate or University transcript: the level must be clearly showed and stated (a generic "English language" exam will not be considered as valid)
Important: You can apply for the Master's programme even though you do not meet any of these options, but in case of admission you'll have to take an English B2 level exam by the deadlines written in the Call for Application.
Results must be sent as soon as possible to mcs [at] unitn.it
The Admissions Committee strongly relies on the statement of purpose to select the most motivated applicants. In the online application you are asked to submit a statement of maximum 4.000 characters (spaces included) where you provide information on your motivation for the Master's program, your extracurricular activities and your work experience.
A brief but complete CV in English should highlight the most important steps of your academic and professional career and include information about permanent contact and present address, phone number and email as well as a Skype contact if you have one.
Letter of recommendation, not mandatory, should be written by one of your professors at University and/or by managers in your company. Complete the section Referee(s) in the online application form with the information required about your referee and ask your referee to send the letter directly to us (mcs [at] unitn.it) specifying your name in the subject line. We strongly encourage you to use the sample reference letter in the Download box . Contact us immediately if you or your referee have any problem.