How to submit your application
- Before starting your application please read carefully the Call for Applications to the Master's degree in Cognitive Science in the Download box.
- Access the online application form. You do not have to complete all the sections all at once: you can enter more than once and save your progress. Please note that only PDF or JPG files will be accepted.
- Once all the sections are filled out, submit your application. You'll receive a confirmation email, please keep it. Do not forget to pay the € 15 application fee: without the payment your application will not considered as valid.
- If you have a reference letter, make sure that your referee send it to mcs [at] unitn.it by the application deadline. You can close and submit your application even if the Referee has not sent the reference letter yet.
When to submit your application
Applications for a.y. 2024/25
Applications for Non- Eu students (with residence outside Italy) open on December 14th, 2023 and close on March 8th, 2024
All applications are evaluated by the Committee after the application deadline. Each application is given a score from 0 to 100, the score is based on the following criteria:
1. Academic background and reference letter: up to 50 points
The following are given particular consideration: transcripts of records, any other curricular activities, publications, professional experiences, stage and voluntary work, knowledge of foreign languages, reference letter (if present).
2. Relevance of previous studies and experience to the course objectives: up to 20 points
The relevance of the candidate's previous studies (Bachelor's or Master's) and extracurricular activities (work placements, summer schools, jobs, etc.) to the nature and objectives of the course.
3. Statement of purpose: up to 30 points
The following are given particular consideration: clarity, strength of motivation, relevance to the course applied for, ability shown in English, originality.
Once the evaluation process is completed, the admission committee places the candidates on two separate shortlists: one list for non-EU citizens resident abroad and one for Italian, EU citizens and non-EU citizens permanently resident in Italy. The first 30 Non-Eu applicants and the first 50 Eu applicants are immediately admitted. Those who receive a score higher or equal to 50 but who are not immediatly admitted are eligible and can be admitted afterward in case some admitted students decline their places. Students with a final score lower than 50 cannot be admitted instead. Admissions will be notified by email, admitted students will have to confirm the place and pay a non-refundable 100 € confirmation fee.
Admission rankings for Non-Eu students will be available by mid-April 2024
Accepted students receive further instructions by e-mail.
Further information for Non- Eu students
Admitted Non-Eu students who have confirmed the place will receive instructions on the pre-enrollment procedure and on the visa application from the UniTrento Welcome Office some days after the place confirmation. Further information about the expected arrival date at UniTrento and details about how to book an accommodation will be sent during the summer.
Admitted non-Eu students who have confirmed the place must arrive in Italy by September 30th, 2024, otherwise they will be excluded from the programme.
Pakistani students who need a visa for study purposes to enroll in a master's program in English must be aware that the Italian Diplomatic Representation may ask them to submit proof of knowledge of the English language with a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (C1 level for a Master's program).
Bangladeshi students should already begin translating their study documents into Italian because appointments for translation may be closed by January/February of the following academic year. Translations must be done by official bodies recognized by Italian Diplomatic Representations. Students are obliged to submit these documents to the Embassy/Consulate during the pre-enrolment procedure. The Italian Diplomatic Representation mandatory requires proof of knowledge of the English language with a minimum IELTS score of 6.0.