The University of Trento and the International School for advanced Studies (SISSA) in Trieste offer a two-year joint education programme named Graduate Programme in Cognitive Science.
Only students already enrolled in the Master's course in Cognitive Science at UniTrento and attending the first year can apply for the UniTrento - SISSA programme. Selections are made at the end of the first semester: admitted studens (up to 4 every year) complete their first year at UniTrento and then move to Trieste to spend their second year at SISSA. They receive economic benefits during their stay in the respective locations.
Students participating in the programme are required to gain 12 supplementary credits, carry out their internship and the master thesis project at SISSA.
Admitted students who succeed in fulfilling the requirements of the Program obtain the official Italian degree Laurea Magistrale in Cognitive Science - Scienze Cognitive (classe LM-55 Scienze Cognitive) from UniTrento and the Diploma (Magister) in Cognitive Science from SISSA.
For more information about the Program's structure and to read the Program guidelines please see here
To learn more about the Cognitive Neuroscience research sector at SISSA, please click here.
Applications for a.y. 2023/24 are opening in January 2024
All the applications are assessed after the application deadline. Applicants are assessed according to the following criteria:
- Curriculum vitae et studiorum and transcript of the exams taken in the winter exam session of the Master in Cognitive Science (max 30 points);
- Statement of purpose specific for the Program (max 20 points);
- Interest and/or experience in relevant research topics studied by the SISSA CNS Labs: (max 20 points)
- Neural Computation Lab: Inference and Prediction (PI: Eugenio Piasini): https://people.sissa.it/~epiasini/
- iNSuLa - Neuroscience and Society Lab (PI: Raffaella Rumiati): http://insula.sissa.it
- LIMBO - Liminar Investigation of Memory and Brain Organization (PI: AlessandroTreves): http://people.sissa.it/~ale/limbo.html
- Reading, Language and abstract Cognition Lab (PI: DavideCrepaldi): https://lrlac.sissa.it/
- Tactile Perception and Learning Lab (PI: Mathew Diamond): https://www.sissa.it/cns/tactile
- Time Perception Lab (PI: Domenica Bueti): http://www.buetilab.com/
- Visual Neuroscience Lab (PI: Davide Zoccolan): https://www.visualneurolab.sissa.it
- Oral interview (max 30 points)
The admission ranking for a.y. 2022/23 is available in the dowload box.
Co-funded by Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Trento e Rovereto