The number of international exchange opportunities offered to students by the University of Trento is wide indeed at all levels of studies (bachelor, master and doctorate). The University management is strongly convinced that a University education carried out abroad, even though partially, can improve the student educational growth. Thanks to these opportunities, students will acquire a remarkable complex and experienced knowledge which will be important for a competitive curriculum at national, European and international level.
For more information about the international opportunities at the University of Trento, please see here.
The University of Trento and the International School for advanced Studies (SISSA) in Trieste offer a two-year joint education programme named Graduate Program in Cognitive Science.
Only students already enrolled in the Master’s course in Cognitive Science at UniTrento and attending the first year can apply for the UniTrento - SISSA programme. Selections are made at the end of the first semester: admitted studens (up to 4 every year) will complete their first year at UniTrento and then move to Trieste to spend their second year at SISSA. They will receive economic benefits during their stay in the respective locations.
Students participating in the programme are required to gain 12 supplementary credits, carry out their internship and the master thesis project at SISSA.
Admitted students who succeed in fulfilling the requirements of the Program will obtain the official Italian degree Laurea Magistrale in Cognitive Science - Scienze Cognitive (classe LM-55 Scienze Cognitive) from UniTrento and the Diploma (Magister) in Cognitive Science from SISSA.
The labs available for internship and Master's thesis research at SISSA are the following:
ILAB - Inference, Learning, and Action in the Brain (PI Chris Mathys): https://chrismathys.
- LIMBO - Liminar Investigation of Memory and Brain Organization (PI: Alessandro Treves): http://people.sissa.it/~ale/limbo.html
- iNSuLa - Neuroscience and Society Lab (PI: Raffaella Rumiati): http://insula.sissa.it
- Reading, Language and abstract Cognition Lab (PI: Davide Crepaldi): https://lrlac.sissa.it/
- Tactile Perception and Learning Lab (PI: Mathew Diamond): http://tactile.sissa.it
- Time Perception Lab (PI: Domenica Bueti): http://www.buetilab.com
- Visual Neuroscience Lab (PI: Davide Zoccolan): http://people.sissa.it/~zoccolan/VisionLab/Home.html
To learn more about the Cognitive Neuroscience research sector at SISSA, please click here.
For more information about the Program's structure and to read the Program guidelines please see here.
Co-funded by Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Trento e Rovereto