- Sociology and Social Research (Laurea Magistrale LM-88), Department of Sociology and Social Research
Master's duration: 2 years
Who can apply?
You can apply to the DDP with UniTrento if you:
if you are an external student joining directly the DDP: have an academic background in a relevant discipline (e.g. the field of social sciences, law or humanities);
if you are a UPF student: have passed at least 5 courses in your first year at UPF, at least one of them must be methodological, statistical or quantitative analysis;
- in both cases, have proven your sufficient motivation and English language skills (level B2 of the Common European Framework).
How long is the mobility?
The double degree program between UniTrento and UPF is a two-year or 120 ECTS program.
If you are an external student, you can start the DDP either in Trento or in Barcelona, as illustrated in the Study plan in the downloads. Detailed courses might be subject to change.
In order to graduate with a Master's degree from UniTN and UPF, you have to satisfy the requirements set.
Specific requirements and study plan
By the end of your mobility at UniTrento you are required to:
while at UniTrento you have to obtain at least 60 ECTS
while at UPF you have to obtain at least 40 ECTS
20 additional ECTS are calculated for the thesis work either at UniTrento or at UPF.
In which language?
â€‹Courses are in English
How does the conversion of grades take place?
The conversion takes place on the basis of the conversion table available in the downloads.
- the final thesis shall be co-supervised by professors of both Institutions and written and defended where you spend the second year of studies
- it shall be carried out according to the degree course regulations of the Institution where the thesis is to be defended
- the thesis Committee includes a member from the partner Institution
Tuition fees and scholarship
Students participating in the double degree program pay the tuition fees at UPF when at UPF and at UniTrento when are at UniTrento. UniTrento fee is of 750 euros/semester, plus 3 revenue stamps of 16 euros each (see details in the downloads).
a Research Master in Sociology and Demography (normally awarded in 1 year - 60 ECTS), from UPF
a Master's Degree in Sociology and Social Research (Laurea Magistrale LM-88), from UniTrento (Dept. of Sociology and Social Research), normally awarded in 2 years - 120 ECTS