International opportunities for students
T.I.M.E. Double Degree

Which course?

You can apply to the Double Degree Programme with UniTrento for the following master's degree course:

  • Civil Engineering - Department of Civil, Environmental and Mechanical Engineering

Who can apply?

You can apply to the Double Degree Programme (DDP) with UniTrento if you:
  • have completed the first 6 semesters (180 credits) in the Bauingenieurwesen course of study at TUD and have fulfilled the requirements for the access to the Laurea Magistrale;
  • have a B1 level in Italian language;
  • in order to be enrolled in the master's degree, students admitted to the DD programme have to obtain the Italian bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, through the preparation/discussion of a thesis at UniTrento (3 ECTS).

What is the added value?

In Italy and abroad, a double degree is always an added value. Not only the experts say it, you just have to browse through the job offers to realize that companies and organizations are looking for international and open-minded profiles, able to work in multicultural teams and to face ever new global challenges: these are the engineers of the future.

How long is the mobility?

The mobility lasts  3 semesters.
The DDP is intended to provide an opportunity not only to integrate the academic education of UniTrento and TUD, but to provide an additional element of professional training.  

Specific requirements and study plan

In order to obtain the Double Degree, TUD students have two different options: 

  1. students must obtain at least 105 ECTS from courses and develop the final project either at TUD or UniTrento;
  2. students willing to apply for the Double Degree "T.I.M.E. label" must obtain 180 ECTS, including 30 credits for an internship to be held at TUD and 30 ECTS for the final project. 

The study plan will be jointly defined by the home and host institutions and will include at least 90 ECTS to be collected at UniTrento.

In which language?

The courses offered in the master's in Civil Engineering are in Italian.
Course material can be provided in English and exams can be done in English. 

How does the conversion of grades take place?

The conversion takes place on the basis of the conversion table available in the downloads.


  • shall be co-supervised by professors of both Institutions and may be carried out and defended either at UniTrento or at TUD;
  • the defence may take place only after the study programme has been completed and approved by both Institutions;
  • must be written and defended in the language of the host institution or in English and must include a summary written in the language of each Institution. 
  • The final examination shall be carried out according to the degree course regulations of the institution where the thesis is to be defended and the thesis Committee may include a member of the partner institution.

Tuition fees

Students participating in the double degree program pay the tuition fees exclusively at TUD except for 3 revenue stamps of 16 euros each.

Educational qualification

At the end of the double degree course, students obtain two separate second cycle degree diplomas:

  • Diplom-Ingenieur in Bauingenieurwesen by Fakultät Bauingenieurwesen TUD
  • Laurea magistrale  in "Ingegneria Civile" by UniTrento Department of Civil, Environmental and Mechanical Engineering