International opportunities for students

Which course?

You can apply to the Double Degree Programme with UniTrento for the following Bachelor's degree course: "Viticoltura ed Enologia", Center Agriculture Food and Environment - C3A.

Who can apply?

You can apply to the Double Degree Programme (DDP) with UniTrento if you:
  • are enrolled in the Bachelor "Weinbau und Oenologie" and at the time of the mobility are enrolled at least in the 2nd year and have fulfilled at least 60 credits
  • have a B1 level of Italian language. 

What is the added value?

In Italy and abroad, a double degree is always an added value. Not only the experts say it, you just have to browse through the job offers to realize that companies and organizations are looking for international and open-minded profiles, able to work in multicultural teams and to face ever new global challenges.

How long is the mobility?

The mobility lasts 2 semesters

Specific requirements and study plan

While at UniTrento you have to obtain normally 60 credits according to a  Study plan defined jointly with coordinators of both universities.

  • the remaining semesters and credits will be fulfilled at HGU
  • you will able to attend for free Italian classes at the University Language Center up to the level B2.

In which language?

Courses are in Italian.

How does the conversion of grades take place?

The conversion takes place on the basis of the conversion table available in the downloads.


The final thesis shall be co-supervised by professors of both Institutions and may be written and defended either at UniTrento or at the HGU in front of joint committee. The thesis defense can be carried out also through video conference.
The thesis should be preferably written in English. If it is written in either Italian or German, an abstract in English is mandatory.
Regardless of where you defend the thesis, please note it must be filed at both institutions according to the rules and deadlines of each university.

Tuition fees

Students participating in the double degree program pay the tuition fees exclusively at Geisenheim except for 3 revenue stamps of 16 euros.

Educational qualification

At the end of the double degree course, students obtain two separate fist cycle degree diplomas:
- Bachelor of Science Weinbau und Oenologie from HGU 
- Laurea in Viticoltura ed Enologia from UniTrento.