- Sociology and Social Research (Laurea Magistrale LM-88), Department of Sociology and Social Research
Master's duration: 2 years
Who can apply?
You can apply to the DDP with UniTrento if you:
- have a university degree (undergraduate and/or graduate) in a -preferably- relevant discipline, e.g. the field of sociology, social sciences, or humanities, and have a graduation date no later than 1 September of the year in which the DDP starts;
- have adequate knowledge of research methods and statistics, as demonstrated by having registered and passed at least one statistical course during your BA studies;
- have proven your sufficient motivation and English language skills (level B2 of the Common European Framework).
How long is the mobility?
The double degree program between UniTrento and TiU is a two-year or 120 ECTS program. In order to graduate with a Master's degree from UniTN and TiU, you have to satisfy the requirements of both institutions as in the Study plan in the downloads. You will start the DDP in Trento where you will attend 2 semesters (60 ECTS). Then you will move to TiU for the 2 remaining semesters (60 ECTS).
Specific requirements and study plan
By the end of your mobility at UniTrento you are required to:
while at UniTrento you have to obtain at least 60 (ECTS) in the Study plan in the downloads. Detailed courses might be subject to change.
the remaining 2 semesters, (60 ECTS) and thesis work will be fulfilled at TiU.
In which language?
â€‹Courses are in English
How does the conversion of grades take place?
The conversion takes place on the basis of the conversion table available in the downloads.
- the final thesis shall be co-supervised by professors of both Institutions and written and defended where you spend the second year of studies
- it shall be carried out according to the degree course regulations of the Institution where the thesis is to be defended
- the thesis Committee includes a member from the partner Institution
Tuition fees and scholarship
Students participating in the double degree program pay the tuition fees exclusively at TiU both for the 1st and for the 2nd year for a total of 120 ECTS, except for 3 revenue stamps of 16 euros each.
a Master's degree in Sociology (normally awarded in 1 year - 60 ECTS), from TiU University
a Master's Degree in Sociology and Social Research (Laurea Magistrale LM-88), from UniTrento (Dept. of Sociology and Social Research), normally awarded in 2 years - 120 ECTS