Admission to MAIN is selective: there is intense competition for a class of 28 students.
Take your time when filling in the application is extremely important. It is essential to provide accurate information on your relevant academic and professional achievements along with concerns, aspirations and motivations that could support your application.
Application process 2020/2021:
- First Call: from November 21st 2019 to February 20th 2020 at 12.00 a.m. (GMT+1): All students can apply. Non EU students living abroad must apply by the first deadline.
- Second Call: from March 31st 2020 to June 12th 2020 at 12.00 a.m. (GMT+1):: EU applicants and NON-EU applicants currently living in Italy.
- Application: Apply here!
- Application Fee: 15€ to be paid by credit card while submitting the application.
- Program begins: end of August
1. a three or four years Bachelor's degree. You do not have to graduate before the application deadline, but you have to graduate*:
- by the end of June: if you are not-European applicant living abroad;
- by the end of October: if you are European applicant or not- European applicant currently living in Italy
2. Minimum B2 level of English (according to the European Common Framework) - suggested C1.
Transcript of records
Upload a scan of your updated Transcript of records to the online application. Documents must be in English or Italian.
Please express your Grade Point Average (GPA) in percentage terms (e.g. 78%). In order to calculate the GPA (up to 100%) consider the weighted mean of your grades as reported on your Transcript of records and turn it into % through a proportion.
English language certificate (min. B2 CEFR)
The English language is a mandatory requirement for being admitted to the selection and can be certified as follow:
- English native speaker
- International Certificate: please refer to the art. 2 of the Call for the accepted Certificates and the expiration date (ex. IELTS min. 6, TOEFL, Cambridge FCE, CAE; CPE, etc..) - 3 years of validity accepted.
- Previous Bachelor Degree entirely in English (upload an official statement from your University that certifies that courses and exams were held in English)
- GMAT score 580 or higher
- Have passed the B2 English language exam or higher in another University.
- In any case the Admission Committee may require an interview with the applicant during the evaulation process to check the English language knowledge.
Statement of purpose
Statement of purpose (max. 3000 characters - spaces included and in English) is one of the most important criteria. Please provide information on your motivation for the Master's program, your extracurricular activities and your work experience. Focus on you future rather than on your past experiences.
Three major points should be extensively explained:
- Why would you like to study in this Master?
- How do you see your professional future in five years?
- How will the Master assist you in obtaining these goals?
Tip: do not just list your past experiences as they are explicited in your CV: rather use your past successes (and failures!) to show that you would fit into the program.
Two reference letters
At least two reference letters should be written (in English or Italian) by your Professors at the University and/or by Managers in your Company. A mixture of academic and business reference letters may be the best solution if you have significant work experience after graduating or as intern during your studies.
Reference letters must be sent by e-mail directly to the main [at] unitn.it (Master Manager) by the referees you have selected and indicated in the online application form. It is your responsibility to contact the referees and ask them to send the reference letter via email to the Master Manager. The University of Trento may contact the referees after receiving the reference letters for further information.
Reference letters do not have to be uploaded on the online application: they must be sent from the referees' institutional e-mail address within the application deadline. Once the reference letter has been received, the University of Trento will send a confirmation email.
!!Letters sent from personal e-mail addresses, e.g. name [at] yahoo.it, as well as reference letters sent in any other way that doesn't respect the mentioned procedure, will not be considered.
CV in English
A brief but complete CV (pdf) should highlight the most important steps of your academic and professional career and include information about permanent contact and present address, phone number and e-mail as well as a Skype contact if available.