Admission to MAIN is selective: the competition is intense, since the class is open for 28 students. The application will be entirely online.
Taking your time when filling in the application is extremely important. It is essential to provide accurate information on your relevant academic and professional achievements along with concerns, aspirations and motivations that could support your application.
The Call for Applications 2023-24 is closed.
The next Call for Applications 2024-25 will open around mid December 2023. Application fee: 15€
- Read carefully the Call for Admission 2023-24 available at the bottom of the page
- Read carefully the application's requirements below and the Admission Criteria
- Apply online
- Pay the Application Fee (15€) after submitting the application
- The results will be published at the webpage Selection and Admission
- The Program will start at the end of August
Compulsory application's requirements
1. Bachelor's degree and Transcript of records
In the application process you must upload a scan of your updated Transcript of records in English or Italian and the Diploma, if already obtained. Please express your Grade Point Average (GPA) in percentage terms (e.g. 78%). In order to calculate the GPA (up to 100%) consider the weighted mean of your grades as reported on your Transcript of records and turn it into % through a proportion.
If you have not awarded your Diploma yet, you can submit your application, provided that you graduate:
- by the end of June: for Non-European applicants living abroad;
- by the end of October: for European applicants or Non- European applicants currently living in Italy
A three or four years Bachelor Diploma is compulsory for the enrollment to the Program.
2. English language proficiency (B2 level)
The English language proficiency (B2 level minimum) is a mandatory requirement for being admitted to the selection. The B2 level (or higher) can be certified as follows:
- English native speaker
- International Certificate: please refer to the art. 2 of the Call for the accepted Certificates (ex. IELTS min. 6, TOEFL, Cambridge FCE, CAE; CPE, etc..)
- Previous Bachelor Degree entirely in English (upload an official statement from your University that certifies that courses and exams were held in English).
- GMAT score 580 or higher
- Have passed the B2 English language exam or higher in another University
In any case the Admission Committee may require an interview with the applicant during the evaulation process to check the English language knowledge.
3. Statement of purpose
Please provide information on your motivation for the Master's program, your extracurricular activities and your work experience. Focus on you future rather than on your past experiences.
Three major points should be extensively explained:
- Why would you like to study in this Master?
- How do you see your professional future?
- How will the Master assist you in obtaining these goals?
- Why are you interested in Innovation?
Tip: do not just list your past experiences as they are explicited in your CV: rather use your past successes (and failures!) to show that you would fit into the program.
A brief but complete CV (pdf) in English should highlight the most important steps of your academic and professional career and include information about permanent contact and present address, phone number and e-mail as well as a Skype contact if available.
There is not a specific layout required. You can choose the layout you prefer.
5. Two reference letters
At least two reference letters should be written (in English or Italian) by two referees. Referees may be, for example, professors at the University, managers in your Company, internship supervisors, etc... A mixture of academic and business reference letters may be the best solution if you have significant work experience after graduating or as intern during your studies, but it is not compulsory. Just consider that the reference letter should support your application to the Program.
You don not have to upload the reference letters in the online application, you just have to add the contact details of the referees.
The referees must send the Reference Letter by e-mail directly to main [at] unitn.it by the application's deadline. It is your responsibility to contact the referees and ask them to send the reference letter via email to the Master Manager. The University of Trento will send a confirmation email to the referee after receiving the reference letter.
!!Letters sent from personal e-mail addresses, e.g. name [at] yahoo.it, as well as reference letters sent in any other way that doesn't respect the mentioned procedure, will not be considered.