International opportunities for students
application/pdfRecognized language certificates_Energy Eng(PDF | 2 MB)

Language proficiency can be proved as follows:

a. holding a secondary school leaving qualifications (A-levels, Abitur, Maturità , etc) where the main teaching language of the final year was in one of the official teaching languages of the master's degree (evaluated as level C1). If these qualifications were obtained in one of the trilingual secondary schools in the Ladin valleys of South Tyrol (Italy), they will be accepted as proving proficiency in both German and Italian (evaluated as level B2);

b. holding an undergraduate or postgraduate degree if awarded in one of the three official teaching languages of the master's degree in Energy Engineering (evaluated as level C1); Unibz graduates who matriculated starting from the 2011/12 academic year must refer to the exit language requirements established by the degree course they have attended;

c. submitting a language certification (see below) within the deadline for application;

d. having passed a language examination at the level required during the previous university career;

e. only for EU candidates and non-EU candidates living in Italy at the moment of application, having passed a language test organised by the Language Centres of the University of Trento or Bolzano (CLA) within the deadline for application. 


Students may prove knowlege of the required languages by uploading one of the internationally recognised certificates reported in the table "Recognized language certificates_Energy Eng" (see Download box). Please check the table carefully and be aware that:
- all certificates must include the evaluation of all four linguistic skills 
- certificates are considered valid for 5 years after the date of issue


Italian, EU and non EU candidates living in Italy who do not have any of the language certifications listed in the table mentioned above can demonstrate English language proficiency at level B2 through a language test organised by the Language Centre of University of Trento  or of the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano. The tests will take place in the cities of Trento and Bolzano.


For information on language tests held at the University of Bolzano-Bozen please visit their webpage.