Instructor: José Ramón Canedo Arrillaga
Class hours: 10
The crash course ‘Legal Foundations’ is designed to introduce students into the legal system of the European Union.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Describe and explain how legal norms are produced at a supranational level
- Analyse the interplay between the different levels (National, Regional and International) of production and application of legal norms.
- Distinguish the different sources of EU Law
- Understand the role of the Court of Justice in the EU’s architecture and explain how EU Law is applied at national level.
- Understand the meaning of market failures and regulatory failures, and detect and analyse main examples of the two.
Due to the limitations and measures adopted by national and local authorities in order to control and contain the spread of the SARS- COV-2, the course will be offered as e-learning. In due time you will be guided on the steps you have to follow in order to attend classes on Moodle and how to use the system.
Classes will be asynchronous (=pre-recorded lectures available for viewing at a later date). At the same time the Professor will organize synchronous online meetings for doubts and questions.
Preparatory readings will be provided by the Lecturer.