Your average budget will have to consider the following general expenses (all amounts are approximate and expressed in euro).
Immediate costs to face at your arrival
- stay permit application: € 118;
- health insurance for non-EU students: € 149.77 (per calendar year) for enrolment in the National Health Insurance;
- private health insurance for EU students (if you don’t have the European Health Insurance Card): prices may vary according to the insurance companies;
Opera Universitaria accommodation:
- deposit to get the key: € 360 mandatory deposit at your arrival (refundable) + € 40 when you leave for check out expenses (non-refundable);
- for master students who are not awarded the UniTrento Scholarship, 4 months advanced rent (see prices below);
- meals at the University canteens: approximately € 280/month;
- bus transport: € 1.20 for a single ticket (valid up to 70 minutes); 1 month transports card € 27.50; 1 year transports card € 50 or € 213 more details here.
Approximate cost for the first month of stay: € 1,300 for non-EU students and € 900 for EU students.
|Opera Universitaria Accommodation monthly rates per person||a.y. 2019-2020|
|Type of room||double||single|
|Students eligible for the UniTrento Scholarship and fee waived students||€ 180||€ 220|
|All other students (including PhD)||€ 270||€ 330|
|Post docs||€ 325||€ 385|
For a place in a double bedroom in a private house: from € 250 to € 350/month + € 150/month for the general expenses: water, electricity, heating, internet etc.; for a mini flat for 1-2 people: from € 500 to € 800/month plus € 150/month for the general utilities: water, electricity, heating, internet etc.
Please note that if you find the private accommodation through a real estate agent, you will be asked to pay one month rent for the service. Furthermore, you will be required to give the landlord at least 3 months rent as a deposit plus pay the first month’s rent in advance.
For meals in a university cafeteria: approximately € 280/month (€ 4,90/full meal; € 4,40/small meal; € 3,10/snack).
For breakfast in a bar: approximately € 70 euros/month (€ 2,50 for a cup of coffee + croissant).
For one meal in a medium-priced restaurant/pizzeria: € 15/30.
The approximate prices of some items are listed below (in €):
- Milk: 1.20/Liter
- Bread: 4.50/Kilo
- Butter: 1.70/250 gr.
- Beef: 9 / 19/Kilo
- Chicken: 8/10 /Kilo
- Rice: 1.70/2,50 / Kilo
- Pasta: 0.80/1.20 / Kilo
- Mineral water: 0.50/0.80 /Liter
- For bus transport: € 1.20 for a single ticket (valid 70 minutes); students of UniTrento can benefit from a special fee for 1 year transports card. Fares and conditions available here Bus and train travel card
For train tickets you can visit http://www.trenitalia.com/
- From Trento to Rovereto: 2.60 €
- From Trento to Verona: 7.85 €
- From Trento to Bolzano: 7.30 €
- From Trento to Venice (from 11€ to 45 €) , to Florence (from 40€ to 60 €) Rome (fron 45 to 9€):
Other ways of travelling: https://www.flixbus.it/
- For an Italian language course with the Language Centre: free of charge - up to € 100/course; see the different prices according to your profile at this page.
- For clothing: shoes € 70/pair, jeans € 40 €/pair, sweater € 40–60.
- To buy a mobile phone: € 50 - 400; monthly and pay-as-you-go plans: € 5 up to € 40 (e.g. of Italian providers: WIND, TRE, VODAFONE, TIM, POSTEMOBILE).
- To buy a laptop: € 400 - 1.000.
- For a drink in a bar: € 3 a small beer, € 1.10 a cup of coffee (espresso), € 1.50 a croissant.
- For a movie ticket: € 5 - 8.50; for a 10-entrance card: € 50 – 55.
- For a museum ticket: € 4.00 – 8.00.
- For a theatre/concert ticket: € 15 – 40.
- For a gym course : € 60 – 100 /month (discounts available with UniSport).
- For an entrance to a climbing gym: 5.50€
- To buy a skipass during the skiing season: € 35 – 50/day.
- For a swimming pool entrance ticket: € 4.90 for students (up to 26 years old); entrance card from € 41.70 (for students up to 26 years old) and € 56 for adults.
- To enroll to Unisport and have the right to special prices for gym courses, entrance to swimming-pools and tennis courts, etc.: free of charge.
Stay permit renewal costs
- stay permit renewal: € 117.96 + € 149.77 for the National Health Insurance;
- for the renewal of the stay permit the Immigration Office (Questura) might ask you to prove that you have at least € 500/month for minimum 6 months - please note that this amount will just allow you to afford basic expenses.
It is highly recommended that you can count on an amount of € 600/700 € per month.