The admission to the Master's degree in Sociology and Social Research is restricted to 4 places for non EU students permanently resident abroad.
EU and non EU citizens permanent resident in Italy must follow the procedure described here.
If you are a non European citizen living abroad follow the next steps.
- a bachelor’s degree (at least three years) from an institution at university level, gained by 30th June 2021 for non EU candidates.
- an adequate final graduation mark:
for Italian candidates, it must be equal to 90 out of 110 points or superior;
for international students, it has to be an equivalent mark (e.g. 3/4).
Documentation without mention of the GPA won’t be taken into consideration
- At least 1/3 of the previous study programme (e.g. 60/180 ECTS, 60/180 credit points) has to refer to at least two of following fields:
Economics and Statistics
Law, Political science, Social policy
History, Anthropology, Psychology, Social Psychology and Pedagogics
- certified knowledge of English language at least level B1 of the European Common Framework, through pertinent internationally recognized language certificate, or a final diploma of a Bachelor or Master course entirely held in English
- a previous background in methodology and social research will be taken into considered.
For candidates not fulfilling the curricular requirements, the Evaluation Committee can take into consideration other academic and extra-academic activities and/or require further documents and/ or organize a selection interview
Application deadlines a.y. 2021/2022
from December 18, 2020 to March 5, 2021 at 12.00 (GMT+1)
for non-EU citizens resident abroad
From May 2021 to December 2021
EU-citizens and non-EU citizens permanent resident in Italy
How to apply (non EU students)
2) check the Minimum requirements
3) submit the online application within the given deadline
4) pay the application fee (15 euros) after submitting the application (information in the confirmation email)
Academic background and reference letter (up to 45 points)
Relevance of previous studies and experience to the course objectives (up to 35 points)
Statement of purpose (up to 20 points)
Final ranking and admission
On completing the evaluation process, the admissions committee will place the candidates found suitable on a final list that will be published by April 16, 2021
Credit transfer pre-evaluation
Candidates who already gained credits at MA level and would like to know how many credits could be transferred in case of admission can send the request by email to mastersrs [at] unitn.it with:
- a copy of their ID/passport
- the transcript of records
- courses syllabus
The request can be sent from December 18, 2020 until February 15, 2021. UniTrento will send you the evaluation results by March 15, 2021.