The master lasts 2 years and the official language is English. Lessons are distributed in two semesters, from late September to mid December and from late February to late May.
* NON EU students
have to apply online according to the pertinent call for selection published once a year.
The call for selection (A.Y. 2019/20) is open now!!!
Please check the box of download for any further detail
* EU and non EU citizens living in Italy
who intend to apply for the Master’s degree program in Sociology and Social Research should follow the procedures outlined here.
For details about application and acceptance, please refer to the Support Office for students (Arts and Humanitis, Sociology and Social Research).
The requirements for applying are:
a) a bachelor’s degree (at least three years) from an institution at university level, gained at least by 30th June
b) an adequate final graduation mark:
- for Italian candidates, it must be equal to 90 out of 110 points or superior;
- for international students, it has to be an equivalent mark (e.g. 3/4).
For NON EU students, please note that UniTrento cannot guarantee that documentation without mention of the GPA will be taken into consideration
c) the previous study career has to comply with UniTrento rules concerning this Master Degree.
At least 1/3 of the previous study programme (e.g. 60/180 ECTS, 60/180 credit points) has to refer to at least two of following fields:
- Economics and Statistics
- Law, Political science, Social policy
- History, Anthropology, Psychology, Social Psychology and Pedagogics
- Candidate 1 gained 30 credits in the field of Sociology and 30 credits in the field of Psychology. Candidate 1 meets this requirement.
- Candidate 2 gained 50 credits in the field of Economics and 20 credits in the field of Law. Candidate 2 meets this requirement.
- Candidate 3 gained 60 credits in the field of Economics and 0 credits in the other fields. Candidate 3 doesn’t meet this requirement.
d) certified knowledge of English language at least level B1 of the European Common Framework, through pertinent internationally recognized language certificate, or a final diploma of a Bachelor or Master course entirely held in English
e) a previous background in methodology and social research will be considered.
For candidates who don’t meet the requirements mentioned at points b) and c), the Evaluation Committee can take into consideration other academic and extra-academic activities and/or require further documents and/ or organize a selection interview through conference call, in order to establish their admission or not.