For the academic year 2022/2023 the admission to the MISS is restricted to 27 places: 5 places are reserved for non EU students permanently residing abroad.
Following minimum requirements must be fulfilled by MISS applicants:
- a Bachelor’s or higher degree from an internationally recognized institution at university level include the equivalent of at least 60 credits from at least two of the following disciplinary areas: History and Philosophy, Economics, Law, Political Science, Sociology or Foreign Languages.
- good knowledge of the English language (min. B2 level of the European Common Framework)
- basic knowledge of a second foreign language (min. A2 level), other than Italian, from among the following: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, German (Please note that in order to graduate MISS students must reach a B2 level for the second language. While the University can organise B2 exams for Arabic, Chinese, Portuguese and Russian, currently we do not offer courses beyond A2 in these languages)
- a personal background with suitable professional vocational and academic experience appropriate to the interdisciplinary nature of the degree course
English Language Requirements
To participate in the selection procedure, candidates must possess one of the following international language certificates dated not earlier than March 2020:
- IELTS: no skill lower than 5.5,
- TOEFL Internet-based (or equivalent TOEFL paper based of TOEFL computer based): no skill lower than 21.
- CAMBRIDGE B2 FIRST: no skill lower than 165
Exemptions: Candidates who have gained their degree (Bachelors or Master’s) from a university where the tuition takes place entirely in English in an EU country or in Australia, Canada, Japan, Norway, New Zealand, Russia, the USA, South Africa or Switzerland, are not required to submit an English Language certificate.
Application deadlines a.y. 2022/2023
From December 15, 2021 until March 4, 2022 at 12.00 at noon (UTC+1) OPEN
NON-EU citizens living abroad
From March 5, 2022 until June 30, 2022 at 12.00 at noon (UTC+2)
EU students and NON EU students living in Italy
How to apply
2) check the Minimum requirements
3) submit the online application within the given deadline
4) pay the application fee (15 euros) after submitting the application (information in the confirmation email)
Academic background and reference letter (up to 45 points)
Relevance of previous studies and experience to the course objectives (up to 35 points)
Statement of purpose (up to 20 points)
Final ranking and admission
On completing the evaluation process, the admissions committee will place the candidates found suitable on two separate lists in order of classification for admission onto the Master’s course (one list for non-EU citizens resident abroad and one for Italian, EU citizens and non-EU citizens resident in Italy). The list for non-EU citizens resident abroad will be published by April 14, 2022, the list for Italian, EU citizens and non-EU citizens living in Italy by July 29 2022.
After submitting the application to the MISS, candidates can apply for the admission at level II degree courses at Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies (call open! Deadline June 30, 2022 at noon)
Credit transfert pre-evaluation
Candidates who already gained credits at MA level and would like to know how many credits could be transferred in case of admission can send the request by email to miss.sis [at] unitn.it with:
- a copy of their ID/passport
- the transcript of records
- courses syllabus
The request can be sent from December 15, 2021 until May 15, 2022. UniTrento will send you the evaluation results by June 15, 2022.