Instructor: José Ramon Canedo Arrillaga
Class hours: 10
The crash course Legal Foundations is designed to introduce students into the legal system of the European Union.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Describe and explain how legal norms are produced at a supranational level
- Analyse the interplay between the different levels (National, Regional and International) of production and application of legal norms.
- Distinguish the different sources of EU Law
- Understand the role of the Court of Justice in the EU's architecture and explain how EU Law is applied at national level.
- Understand the meaning of market failures and regulatory failures, and detect and analyse main examples of the two.
Classes on campus
Preparatory readings will be provided by the Lecturer.