Following minimum requirements must be fulfilled by MEIS applicants:
- a Bachelor’s or higher degree from an internationally recognized institution at university level include the equivalent of at least 60 credits from at least two of the following disciplinary areas: History and Philosophy, Economics, Law, Political Science, Sociology or Foreign Languages.
- good knowledge of the English language (min. B2+ level of the European Common Framework)
- basic knowledge of a second foreign language, other than Italian, from among the following: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, German
- a personal background with suitable professional vocational and academic experience appropriate to the interdisciplinary nature of the degree course
English Language Requirements
To participate in the selection procedure it is necessary to have one of the following international language cerficates with a date not earlier than March 2018:
- IELTS: overall score of 6.0 (no skill lower than 6.0);
- IELTS: overall score of 6.5 (maximum one skill between 5.5 and 6.0);
- TOEFL internet-based (or equivalent TOEFL paper based and computer based): minimum total score of 88 (no skill lower than 22);
- TOEFL internet-based (or equivalent TOEFL paper based and computer based): minimum total score of 90 (maximum one skill between 20 and 22).
Exemptions: candidates who have gained their degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s) from a university where tuition is entirely in English in an EU country or in Australia, Canada, Norway, New Zealand, Russia, the USA or Switzerland, are not required to submit an English Language certificate
. Coronavirus Emergency
Considering the emergency related to Covid-19 and its potential effect on the scheduling of IELTS and TOEFL tests, the following tests will be accepted:
Candidates without an IELTS or a TOEFL certificate (and required to submit it) are allowed to submit their application, provided that:
1) the application is definitively submitted from June 23 to June 30, 2020, at noon;
2) as a substitute for the required certificate, the candidate uploads an affidavit (self-certification) attesting that he/she is aware that the IELTS/TOEFL certificate is a mandatory requirement and that he/she commits to obtain the certificate by July 31, 2020.
These candidates will get a provisional admission subject to the attainment of the IELTS/TOEFL certificate by July 31, 2020.
From November 20.2019 until February 20, 2020 at 12.00 at noon (GMT+1) CLOSED
NON-EU citizens living abroad
From March 05, 2020 until June 30, 2020 at 12.00 at noon (GMT+1) OPEN
EU students and NON EU students living in Italy
To view the requirements and documents necessary to complete the application check the call in the download section
Pakistani students who need a visa for study purposes to enroll in a master’s program in English must be aware that the Italian Diplomatic Representation (during the pre-enrolment procedure between March and the end of June) may ask them to submit proof of knowledge of the English language with a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (C1 level for a master’s program).
Furthermore, the Italian Diplomatic Representation requires:
- A maximum period of two or three years between receiving the last degree and the date of application for the master's program.
- That the selected master’s program be a continuation of the previous field of study (exceptions can be made).
Bangladeshi students should already begin translating their study documents into Italian because appointments for translation may be closed by January/February of the following academic year. Translations must be done by official bodies recognized by Italian Diplomatic Representations. Students are obliged to submit these documents to the Embassy/Consulate during the pre-enrolment procedure (between March and the end of June).
International students should immediately contact the Italian Diplomatic Representation to verify which documents are required and if any extra documents are necessary in order to complete the pre-enrolment procedure and obtain the study visa.