The admission to the MEIS is restricted to 50 places: 10 places are reserved for non EU students permanently residing abroad.
If you have double citizenship, i.e. one from a non-EU country and one from one of the 27 countries of the European Union, the latter prevails and you should apply as an EU citizen.
Following minimum requirements must be fulfilled by MEIS applicants:
- a Bachelor's or higher degree from an internationally recognized institution at university level include the equivalent of at least 60 credits from at least two of the following disciplinary areas: History and Philosophy, Economics, Law, Political Science, Sociology or Foreign Languages.
- good knowledge of the English language (min. B2+ level of the European Common Framework)
- basic knowledge of a second foreign language, other than Italian, from among the following: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, German
- a personal background with suitable professional vocational and academic experience appropriate to the interdisciplinary nature of the degree course
English Language Requirements
To participate in the selection procedure it is necessary to have one of the following international language cerficates with a date not earlier than March 2021:
- IELTS: overall score of 6.0 (no skill lower than 6.0);
- IELTS: overall score of 6.5 (maximum one skill between 5.5 and 6.0);
- TOEFL internet-based (or equivalent TOEFL paper based and computer based): minimum total score of 88 (no skill lower than 22);
- TOEFL internet-based (or equivalent TOEFL paper based and computer based): minimum total score of 90 (maximum one skill between 20 and 22).
- Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE): minimum total score of 180 (no skill under 176)
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE)
Exemptions: candidates who have gained their degree (Bachelor's or Master's) from a university where tuition is entirely in English in an EU country or in Australia, Canada, Japan, Norway, New Zealand, Russia, the USA, South Africa or Switzerland, are not required to submit an English Language certificate.
Application deadlines a.y. 2023/2024
From December 15, 2022 until March 10, 2023 at 12.00 at noon (UTC+1)
NON-EU citizens permanently residing abroad
From March 10, 2023 until June 30, 2023 at 12.00 at noon (UTC+2)
EU students and NON EU students living in Italy
How to apply
1) read carefully the Call for Admission: Italian version and English version
2) check the Minimum requirements
3) submit the online application within the given deadline
4) pay the application fee (15 euros) after submitting the application (information in the confirmation email)
Academic background and reference letter (up to 45 points)
Relevance of previous studies and experience to the course objectives (up to 35 points)
Statement of purpose (up to 20 points)
Final ranking and admission
On completing the evaluation process, the admissions committee will place the candidates found suitable on two separate lists in order of classification for admission onto the Master's course (one list for non-EU citizens resident abroad and one for Italian, EU citizens and non-EU citizens resident in Italy). The list for non-EU citizens resident abroad will be published by April 30, 2023, the list for Italian, EU citizens and non-EU citizens living in Italy by July 31, 2023.
Short List MEIS 23-24_non EU citizens living abroad
Students admitted or seeking the admission to the first year of the MEIS can take part to the competition for the assignment of one of the 3 scholarships in memory of Antonio Megalizzi.
Credit transfer pre-evaluation
Candidates who already gained credits at MA level and would like to know how many credits could be transferred in case of admission can send the request by email to meis [at] sis.unitn.it with:
- a copy of their ID/passport
- the transcript of records
- courses syllabus
The request can be sent from December 15, 2022 until May 15, 2023. UniTrento will send you the evaluation results by June 15, 2023
UniTrento Scholarships opportunities (1 scholarships available for 23-24), Italian Government Scholarship