The admission to the MEIS is restricted to 50 places: 10 places are reserved for non EU students permanently resident abroad.
Following minimum requirements must be fulfilled by MEIS applicants:
- a Bachelor’s or higher degree from an internationally recognized institution at university level include the equivalent of at least 60 credits from at least two of the following disciplinary areas: History and Philosophy, Economics, Law, Political Science, Sociology or Foreign Languages.
- good knowledge of the English language (min. B2+ level of the European Common Framework)
- basic knowledge of a second foreign language, other than Italian, from among the following: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, German
- a personal background with suitable professional vocational and academic experience appropriate to the interdisciplinary nature of the degree course
English Language Requirements
To participate in the selection procedure it is necessary to have one of the following international language cerficates with a date not earlier than March 2019:
- IELTS: overall score of 6.0 (no skill lower than 6.0);
- IELTS: overall score of 6.5 (maximum one skill between 5.5 and 6.0);
- TOEFL internet-based (or equivalent TOEFL paper based and computer based): minimum total score of 88 (no skill lower than 22);
- TOEFL internet-based (or equivalent TOEFL paper based and computer based): minimum total score of 90 (maximum one skill between 20 and 22).
Exemptions: candidates who have gained their degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s) from a university where tuition is entirely in English in an EU country or in Australia, Canada, Norway, New Zealand, Russia, the USA or Switzerland, are not required to submit an English Language certificate
Application deadlines a.y. 2021/2022
From December 18, 2020 until March 5, 2021 at 12.00 at noon (GMT+1)
NON-EU citizens living abroad
From March 05, 2021 until June 28, 2021 at 12.00 at noon (GMT+1)
EU students and NON EU students living in Italy
How to apply
2) check the Minimum requirements
3) submit the online application within the given deadline
4) pay the application fee (15 euros) after submitting the application (information in the confirmation email)
Academic background and reference letter (up to 45 points)
Relevance of previous studies and experience to the course objectives (up to 35 points)
Statement of purpose (up to 20 points)
Final ranking and admission
On completing the evaluation process, the admissions committee will place the candidates found suitable on two separate lists in order of classification for admission onto the Master’s course (one list for non-EU citizens resident abroad and one for Italian, EU citizens and non-EU citizens resident in Italy). The list for non-EU citizens resident abroad will be published by April 16, 2021, the list for Italian, EU citizens and non-EU citizens living in Italy by July 23, 2021.
Credit transfer pre-evaluation
Candidates who already gained credits at MA level and would like to know how many credits could be transferred in case of admission can send the request by email to meis [at] sis.unitn.it with:
- a copy of their ID/passport
- the transcript of records
- courses syllabus
The request can be sent from December 18, 2020 until May 15, 2021. UniTrento will send you the evaluation results by June 15, 2021.