Pre-arrival intensive course - Introduction to the Italian languageâ€‹â€‹
One online course, starting on 15 January 2023. Meant for students who have never studied Italian before, or have studied it very little.
A placement test is not required. The course consists of:
- 2 hours (120 min.) in real-time via Zoom in a virtual classroom, with your roommates and the teacher
- 1 hour (60 min.) in asynchronous mode for self-learning activities (exercises etc.), supervised by the teacher.
With a minimum of 75% attendance and after passing the final test for the evaluation of skills, 3 ECTS are awarded.
If you do not start or interrupt the course attendance without previous notice, you will have no chance to get a free course for the same level (A1a/A1) and the fee of 50 euros will be due for further attendance of courses of the same level.
1. Intensive (First Semester: online): at different levels, consist of daily lessons of 3 hours, for 2 weeks (Mon.-Sat.) and for a total amount of 50 academic hours. Registration available starting August 22nd
2. Extensive (in presence), at different levels, consist of two lessons per week of 3 academic hours each, for a total amount of 50 academic hours
Please find the presentation of the Italian courses in the downloads.
Good to know... â€‹â€‹
- if planned in your Learning Agreement or study course, attendance is free of charge for one course for each level up to the level required and will be registered into your Transcript of Records
For online pre-arrival courses:
- technical requirements needed: an up-to-date PC, notebook or tablet, a good, fast internet connection, preferably with unlimited Gigabytes, and an attached microphone and webcam
- an online placement test will assess your level unless you are an absolute beginner.