The International Credit Mobility project coordinated by the University of Trento allowed students and faculty funded mobility to and from 38 partner universities, located in 19 non-European Countries.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The 2015 Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility was approved for EUR 855,961.00 and a total of 201 mobility. Both incoming and outgoing mobility was fostered as the 90 planned inoming mobilities for students were matched by the 50 outgoing ones; while, for the staff the planned mobility almost equally matched (30 incoming and 31 outgoing). The project ended on July 31st, 2017.
- Ben Gurion University, Israel
- Haifa University, Israel
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
- Ural State University of Economics, Russian Federation
- Tomsk Polytechnic University, Russian Federation
- Ufa State Aviation Technical University, Russian Federation
- Jilin University, China
- Shanghai International Studies University (SISU), China
- Zhejiang University (Hangzhou), China
- Shanghai University, China
- Sun Yat Sen University, China
- Tongji University, China
- University of the Philippines, Philippines
- Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
- Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Vietnam
- National University of Mongolia, Mongolia
- Amrita University, Coimbatore, India
- Pontificia Universidade de Rio de Janeiro (PUC Rio), Brazil
- Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Brazil
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (PUC Chile), Chile
- Universidad Veracruzana de Xalapa, Mexico
- National University of Asunciòn (UNA), Paraguay
- Tshwane University of Technology, South Africa
- Stellenbosch University, South Africa
- University of Melbourne, Australia
- University of Adelaide, Australia
- Macquarie University, Australia
- Carleton University, Canada
- McMaster University, Canada
- Nagasaki University, Japan
- Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand
- National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore
- University of Colorado Boulder, United States
- University of Kansas, United States
- University of Texas at Arlington, United States
- West Virginia University, United States
- Barnard College, United States
UniTrento used the 94% of the project funds, supporting 186 mobility:
134 STUDENT MOBILITY: study and research activity for a duration of 5 months for course attendance and 3/5 months for thesis research (both thesis research and PhD), depending on the project agreed with the tutors:
94 INCOMING (36 BA; 27 MA and 31 PhD)
40 OUTGOING (4 BA; 30 MA; and 6 PhD)
52 ACADEMIC STAFF MOBILITY: for a duration of up to 10 days:
GENDER DISTRIBUTION AND SUBJECT AREAS
“A varied and rich programme organized by the highly competent and hospitable International Office at Trento University” - Riedwaan Kimmie, University of KwaZulu-Natal (South Africa), Administrative Staff.
"In the academic and personal view, I am enjoying very much this opportunity to study in University of Trento, not only because the professors and the classes are very well prepared, but also I can talk with people from different countries. Hence, I am learning interesting subjects, developing my English and learn about other cultures. That is definitely a great experience that I would recommend for anyone" - Henry Yu, Universidade Estadual de Campinas (Brasil), Undergraduate student.
"I have benefited from this program academically and personally. The experience in a completely foreign country have made me stronger and independent" - Vibha Pant, Amrita University (India), Master student.
More experiences and testimonials of the ER+ICM projects available at the dedicated webpage in the useful link box.
In the framework go the ER+ ICM, the University of Trento organised a staff training week (please check the staff training events dedicated webpage) where grantees were offered seminars, workshop sessions and events to foster cooperation and exchange best practices.
OUTCOME AND ADDED VALUE
The Erasmus+ ICM experience has been positively valued by both students and staff grantees. Everyone agreed on the added value that this project brought about in their lives reporting an improvement in:
- problem-solving skills - 85%
- multicultural acceptance - 95%
- capacity to adapt and act in new situations - 98%
- ability to cooperate with people from other backgrounds and cultures - 90%
- curiosity and open mindedness - 94%
- social, linguistic, and cultural competences - 81%
- contact network - 98%
The ER+ experiences enabled further cooperation among the partner institutions:
The Ufa State Aviation Technical University (Russian Federation) and UniTrento signed a Double Degree Agreement, still financed through the ICM project, involving the course in Information Engineering and Computer Science of the Department of Information Engineering and Computer Science of UniTrento and the course in Information and communication Engineering of the Faculty of Informatics and Robotics of Ufa.
The ICM programme strengthened cooperation between the Jilin University (China) and University of Trento, resulting in a Bilateral Agreement signed between the two institutions.