What is Tandem Language Learning?
Tandem Language Learning is a great opportunity to practice a foreign language in a relaxed and informal context. Here students from all over the world meet each other, communicate and learn not only the language, but also the culture.
When does it start?
It starts twice a year, in September and in February and lasts 4 months. You will have 24 hours of conversation to be concluded by the end of the semester.
Who can participate?
- All current BA, MA, PhD students and staff of the University of Trento
- Incoming exchange students of any mobility programme (Erasmus, Thesis Research, Bilateral Agreements, Double Degree etc.)
How do you apply?
Find here the online application form
Italian Native Speakers
You will be asked to specify:
- your mother tongue
- if there is a foreign language that you speak with a C1 or C2 level of proficiency
- the language you wish to practice
Native Speakers of other languages
- your mother tongue
- your level of proficiency in Italian
- the duration of your stay in Italy
Who will be your Tandem partner?
- A native speaker of the language that you applied for
- Someone who is very fluent in that language (at least a C1 level)
for 1st semester: from 1st semester: from 2nd to 27th September 2019
for 2nd semester: December 2019- January 2020
You will receive a confirmation email with all necessary information on your Tandem Partner. You will have to contact him/her as soon as possible.
How does it work?
As soon as you know who your partner is, we will organize a meeting to give you some instructions and answer your questions.
There will be two types of meetings:
Group meetings: we meet all together in an informal atmosphere for entertaining language activities.
To get more info, follow our Facebook page
Pair meetings: you meet your Tandem Partner every week for 2 hours to speak both languages.
You can decide where to meet and what to discuss about.
We ask you to keep tracks in your Tandem Dairy, which you will have to submit by the end of the semester.
What do I get at the end of Tandem Language Learning?
On the condition that you have completed all the 24 hours and filled out your diary, you will receive the Open Digital Badge that certifies your successful accomplishment of Tandem.
Furthermore, if you are a student of the Department of Humanities or an Erasmus student incoming of the Department of Humanities you can also get 1 CFU.
For further information: tandem [at] unitn.it