At your arrival in Trento your email address will be added to our mailing list, so that you will be able to receive our monthly newsletter and other useful information (included invitations to our events, seminars, excursions, guided visits, etc.).
If you don't want to receive messages from our mailing list and/or want to unsubscribe from it please send a message to welcome [at] unitn.it.
Please notice that if you choose to unsubscribe, you won’t receive updates from us any more.
WELCOME NEWS - NOVEMBER 2019
New channel to read UniTrento English articles. You can find it here: @UniTrentoEN
Lunch card - where to charge?
Starting from the 4th march you must charge your lunch card at the charging machines (TOTEM). In the charging machines you can insert only banknotes and no coins. Charging machines (TOTEM) are to be found in the cafeterias in via T. Gar, Mesiano, and Povo 1, in the Departement of Economics and in Polo F. Ferrari.
If you want to charge it directly at the cafeteria’s cash the minimum amount to be charged is 10 euros.
Ready stay permit?
Check on the Questura's web site - http://questure.poliziadistato.it/stranieri/?mime=1&lang=english if your stay permit is ready by entering the number (“numero pratica”) you will find on the receipt given you by the Questura at the appointment.
Sufficient certified financial means necessary for conversion student permit into a "searching for a job”
If you have an Italian bachelor-laurea triennale, master’s degree course-laurea magistrale, PhD, Master II level, you can convert your student permit into a "searching for a job" 12 months permit (permesso per "attesa occupazione") provided that you have sufficient certified financial means.
Housing delivery declaration - "cessione di fabbricato"
We remind all Non-European students who are staying in private accommodations that:
• if they are hosting a Non-European citizen for more than 2 days, they should report it within 48 hours to the local Police Station by filling in the Housing Delivery Declaration form (in Italian "Cessione d fabbricato");
• if they are hosted by someone else, they should remind the host to report their presence within 48 hours to the local Police Station. The host should submit the Housing Delivery Declaration form (in Italian "Cessione d fabbricato").
The form is also available on this UniTrento webpage. Failing to do the above might cause to get fined for the guest.
International mobility programmes – ongoing calls
The calls for international mobility in 2020/21 are now open and available at the link: http://international.unitn.it/outgoing/open-selection-calls
Scholarships for doctoral research abroad
The University of Trento offers to its PhD students a new funded opportunity of international mobility for a three-month research period abroad. Further information is available at: http://international.unitn.it/outgoing/opportunities-of-international-mobility-for-doctoral-research-abroad
Refer to the event calendar on the university website for events organised by the university – including organised tours of the city, seminars in various fields of study and more.
Every Thursday from 18:00 you can practice your English speaking skills while meeting new people and enjoying a coffee and some snacks. Check the Facebook page or the website out for more details.
Parliamo italiano insieme
Every Wednesday from 10:00 to 11:30 you can practice your Italian speaking skills while meeting new people - only for women.
Italiano a Trento
If you want to learn Italian take a look at the FB page
Rassegna Jazz “Jazz’About”
• 16th November 21.30: with Cory Wong at Melotti Auditorium in Rovereto
• 23rd November 21.30: with Gary Bartz at Melotti Auditorium in Rovereto
• 20th December 21.30: with Tullio De Piscopo and Tony Esposito at Teatro Sambapolis in Trento
Tickets form 15 euros to 20 euros, with a reduction for Under 26 and university student between 12 and 15 euros. You can also buy tickets the evening of the concert where the prices will be between 20 and 25 euros.
Festival of Meteorology in Rovereto
From 15th to 17th November 2019 three days of conferences, didactic activities, exhibitions, laboratories, contests but also fun, discussing about this science that is becoming more and more important in our lives.
• From 21st July 2019 to 14th June 2020, during Muse opening times, there is the temporary exhibition: COSMO CARTOONS (for info: https://www.muse.it/en/Esplora/mostre-temporanee/Archivio/Pages/Cosmo-ca...)
• From 15th June 2019 until 12th January 2020, during Muse opening times, there is the temporary exhibition: Wildlife (for info: https://www.muse.it/en/Esplora/mostre-temporanee/Archivio/Pages/Wildlife...)
Exhibition “The skin of the soldier”
from 5/04/2018 – 3/05/2020, form Tuesday to Sunday 10.00-18.00: At Rovereto Castle, there is the exhibition “The skin of the soldier” that will display the tools used in the military actions occured from the First World War to the 21st Century.
Exhibition “Dancing the revolution”
At Mart, from 19th October 2019 to 1st March 2020, from Tuesday to Sunday 10.00am – 18.00 pm: There will be the exhibition “Dancing the revolution” about dancer and cultural icon, and the central themes in theexhibition are the liberation of women’s bodies, Duncan’s influence on early 20th century culture and her bond with Italy.
ZIGANOFF - Jazzmer band Concert (free entrance)
8/11/2019, ore 21.00 – 23.00, Teatro Sambapolis:
Bonfires of St. Martino
11/11/2019, Predazzo: after 8 o’clock
Friday for Future
29/11/2019 at 9.00:fifth global parade for the climate changement under the name “Block the planet, block the climate change” and under the motto “Block Friday, not Black Friday”
Sports and physical activity
Consult the University Chapter of the Trento Alpine Club (SUSAT) for information about excursions: http://www.susat.it/
NOTE: You MUST have proper hiking boots and clothing before joining the excursions!
Trentino culture and history
Museums in Trento
At the following link (available only in Italian) http://www.comune.trento.it/Aree-tematiche/Turismo/Visitare/Musei you will find the list of the museums in Trento and surroundings, with information about opening time and official webpage.
• From 13th July to 3rd November 2019, during the opening hours, at Castello del Buonconsiglio there is the exhibition about the history of sacred cloth (https://www.buonconsiglio.it/index.php/en/Castello-del-Buonconsiglio/mos...)
• From 6th June to 3rd November 2019, during the opening hours, at Castel Caldes there is the exhibition of the Cavalinni-Sgarbi’s Collection (https://www.buonconsiglio.it/index.php/en/Castello-del-Buonconsiglio/mos...)