Trento and Rovereto are small and lively university towns where you can find different types of accommodation either in Opera Universitaria facilities or in a private apartment.
UniTrento can guarantee accommodation only to some categories of students according to the programme they are enrolled in. Please check in the list below if you are eligible for Opera Universitaria lodgings and if not, have a look at suggestions on private accommodation in the next section.
Opera Universitaria lodgings
Opera Universitaria is a local institution managing student accommodation facilities. Please check below the eligibility criteria.
You are eligible to apply for an accommodation at Opera Universitaria if you are:
- International Degree seeking student: selected for a two-year Master’s degree course in English or Italian or a Bachelor’s degree in English or Italian (including EMBS, EIT and Double degree students). Accommodation is granted for the first year starting from the date agreed with the International Mobility Office.
- Non European exchange student provided that you participate in an international mobility programme (Erasmus+/ICM, Bilateral Agreement, ITPAR and so on). The accommodation in this case is granted for immigration reasons and only for the period agreed with the International Mobility Office.
- UniTrento PhD student: accommodation is available only for the first academic year
- Visiting professor, researcher (with work visa) and visiting PhD student (or interns outside mobility programmes/special projects without "borsa di studio a progetto"). There categories are eligible but have to refer to the UniTrento hosting Department/Centre for information on how to reserve accommodation and conditions.
European Erasmus students have to find a private accommodation due to a limited number of available accommodation at Opera Universitaria.
Details about the specific accommodation and included services are available at the https://www.operauni.tn.it/alloggi
Prices vary according to the student category and will be communicated to you from the International Mobility Office together with the link for the on-line reservation.
Please consider that Opera Universitaria apartments are only for students and not for family members, partners or relatives unless they are enrolled to the University as well.
Students coming to UniTrento with their family have to find a private accommodation.
Private accommodation for short periods are available on "HousingAnywhere", an online platform where international exchange students can register to offer or look for an accommodation. Additionally rooms are offered for short periods on Facebook groups based in Trento.
For longer periods estate agencies, local newspapers or browsing housing webpages can be a way to find accommodation in Trento.
Please find below a list of useful websites in order to start your research.
Be aware that in order to sign a private accommodation contract you will be asked your Italian codice fiscale (tax code). The International Mobility Office will provide it. In any case be aware that the land owner has one month time (after the contract beginning) to register the housing contract at the Agenzia delle Entrate.
- Phosphoro (The Phosphoro Office in Trento is in Via Paradisi, 15/5) - Short rentals (<1 year)
- Homes for students - Trento
- stanzasemplice (only for Rovereto)
- Bazar (available also as a newspaper called Bazar Immobiliare)
- Trento bakeca
Furthermore, the boards of the various hall-cafeterias of the Departments/Centres are usually full of advertisement posted by students and owners.
If you need a temporary accommodation for the first days of the stay, please see the section below.
UniTrento shall not provide any assistance in finding a private accommodation.
If you come to UniTrento for a few days you might need to find a temporary accommodation. In the links below you find the two major sites offering deals for temporary accommodation in both Trento and Rovereto.