Trento and Rovereto are small and lively university towns where you can find different types of accommodation.
Before arriving to the University of Trento all international students will need to look for an accommodation. Please consider that it could be very difficult for you to find a private accommodation in Trento or in Rovereto from September to December because of the huge number of students arriving in Trento, and also if you are staying in Italy for less than one year.
Opera Universitaria lodgings
Opera Universitaria is a provincial institution dealing with the management and organization of student accommodation facilities and responsible for the organization of non-resident students in different categories for accommodation purposes.
You are eligible to apply for an accommodation at Opera Universitaria if you are:
- exchange student and you participate in an international mobility programme (e.g. Erasmus+, Erasmus+/ICM, Erasmus Mundus, Double degree, Bilateral Agreement, ITPAR, and so on). In this case you are entitled to the accommodation for the whole period of your study period at UniTrento and you have to book the room within the deadline notified by the International Mobility Office;
- PhD student: accommodation is available only for the first academic year;
- "borsista a progetto": accommodation is available only for 6 months (it cannot be extended!);
- one-year professional master's student: accommodation is available until the official date of graduation.
- an international student selected for a two-year Master’s degree course in English or the Bachelor's degree in English : accommodation is available for the first academic year starting from the reservation date agreed with UniTrento;
- an Intrenational students going to enroll in an undergraduate or graduate course in Italian accommodation is available for the first academic year.
Visiting professors and researchers (with work visa) and visiting PhD students (or interns outside mobility programmes/special projects without "borsa di studio a progetto") are accommodated in University apartments and have to refer to the referent of the Department/Centre inviting them.
Types of accommodation
- in shared apartment in Trento or Rovereto;
- at San Bartolameo Student Residence Hall in Trento;
- at Residenza Barelli in Rovereto.
Details about the specific accommodation and included services are available at the http://www.operauni.tn.it/servizi/alloggio/strutture
Prices vary according to the category:
- Students taking part in bilateral agreements, exchange students, doctoral students,
- Master students eligible for financial aid
- Post-doc and researchers.
For more details about rates please check the web page http://www.operauni.tn.it/servizi/alloggio/tariffe
How to book
- The International Mobility Office will send you the necessary information for the on-line reservation;
- In case you do not receive any specific deadline for the reservation, a 30 days' notice is required.
- After the reservation you will receive a written confirmation of your booking;
- Information about the lodging you will be assigned to will be communicated by Opera Universitaria along with information about deposit payment about two weeks before your arrival;
- you can express a non-binding preference, but it is eventually up to Opera Universitaria which kind of lodging you will get and in which location
- in case of unmotivated delay, your reservation will be cancelled after 48 hours.
- the compulsory deposit will be 360 euros (refundable) + 40 euros to be paid before leaving for checking out expenses (non-refundable);
- it is important to read the regulations about the use of Opera Universitaria accommodation facilities very carefully (see http://www.operauni.tn.it/servizi/alloggio/regolamenti );
- Opera Universitaria apartments are only for students and not for family members, partners or relatives unless they are enrolled to the University as well;
- no pets are allowed;
- you have to submit a copy of your lease contract when you apply for the stay permit at the Post Office - if not still available at the latest at the appointment with the Immigration office (Questura).
Extension of the housing contract
Opera Universitaria's housing contracts have a maximum validity period of one year.
Exchange students who have have been authorised by UniTrento to extend their study period, should apply for an extension of Opera Universitaria housing contract by contacting them by email at least 30 days before the expiry date of the contract.
The requests for contract extension will be assessed by the Housing Office depending on available lodgings.
If you need to find a private accommodation, you can try on "HousingAnywhere", an online platform where international exchange students can register to offer or look for an accommodation. HousingAnywhere manages the “house swapping” with other mobility students for short periods.
If you are planning to come to Trento with your family you need to search for an accommodation autonomously. In order to find a private accommodation you may refer to estate agencies, browse internet and read local newspapers for advertisements. Please find below some suggestion.
- mio affitto
- trento bakeca
- Phosphoro (The Phosphoro Office in Trento is in Via Manzoni, 16)
- bazar (available also as a newspaper called Bazar Immobiliare)
Furthermore, the boards of the various hall-cafeterias of the Departments/Centres are usually full of advertisement posted by students and owners.
If you need a temporary accommodation for the first days of the stay, please see the download box "Temporary Accommodation in Trento/Rovereto".
UniTrento shall not provide any assistance in finding a private accommodation.