International opportunities for students


Trento and Rovereto are small and lively university towns where you can find different types of accommodation either in Opera Universitaria facilities or in a private apartment. 

UniTrento can offer accommodation only to some categories of students according to the programme they are enrolled in. Please check in the list below if you are eligible for Opera Universitaria lodgings and if not, have a look at suggestions on private accommodation in the next section.

Opera Universitaria lodgings

Opera Universitaria is a local institution managing student accommodation facilities. Please check below the eligibility criteria.


You are eligible to apply for an accommodation at Opera Universitaria if you are: 

  • Non-European International Degree seeking student: selected for a two-year Master's degree course in English or Italian or a Bachelor's degree in English or Italian (including EMBS and EIT).  Accommodation can be offered for the first year starting from the date agreed with the International Mobility Office. 
  • Non European exchange student provided that you participate in an international mobility programme (Erasmus+/ICM, Bilateral Agreement, ITPAR and so on). The accommodation can be offered for immigration reasons and only for the period agreed with the International Mobility Office.
  • UniTrento International PhD student: accommodation can be offered only for the first  academic year

Visiting professor, researcher (with work visa) and visiting PhD student (or interns outside mobility programmes/special projects without "borsa di studio a progetto"). There categories have to refer to the UniTrento hosting Department/Centre for information on how to reserve accommodation and conditions.

European students have to find a private accommodation due to a limited number of available accommodation at Opera Universitaria. European degree-seeking students can apply for Opera Universitaria call for housing applications usually published around June. 

Useful information

Details about the specific accommodation and included services are available at the Opera Universitaria website, if you are offered accommodation please check directly on their pages

Prices vary according to the student category and will be communicated to you from the International Mobility Office together with the link for the on-line reservation.

Please consider that Opera Universitaria apartments are only for students and not for family members, partners or relatives unless they are enrolled to the University as well.

Private accommodation

Be aware that in order to sign a private accommodation contract you will be asked your Italian "codice fiscale" (i.e tax code). The relevant International Mobility Office will provide it before your arrival. Since a proof of accommodation is needed for the request of the stay permit, if you are in a private accommodation, be aware that the land owner has 1 month time (after the beginning of the contract) to register the housing contract at the Agenzia delle Entrate.

Students coming to UniTrento with their family have to find a private accommodation.

UniTrento does not provide any assistance in finding a private accommodation.

The following websites are simply suggestions. You should verify the reliability and accuracy of the published ads before confirming any payment or registration. Please see further indications about phishing.

HousingAnywhere is an online platform where international exchange students can register to offer or look for an accommodation. Through HousingAnywhere you can safely book your new room, offered by verified private landlords and by outgoing students. You can find information about finding your new place on the how it works page. A 30% discount on the booking fee is available, For more information please visit the dedicated HousingAnywhere web site. Do you need more details or do you have a specific question? Send an email to: vip [at]

Spotahome is a rental platform offering housing solutions in Trento, including rooms and apartments, both for short and long stays (starting from one month). The booking process is 100% online, each property is verified by professional Home Checkers and can be booked online. UNITN students can get a 30% discount on reservation fee using the promo code UNITN30. You can contact Spotahome using WhatsApp at +39 3791468503.

Erasmus Play is a search engine and accommodation comparison tool for students from all over Europe. It allows you to compare all available accommodations quickly and easily. Booking is completely secure as all advertised accommodations come from verified platforms. 

For longer mobility periods, real estate agencies, local newspapers or browsing housing web pages can be a good way to find accommodation in Trento. Please find below a list of useful websites in order to start your research:

Additionally, rooms are offered for short periods on Facebook groups based in Trento

Furthermore, the bulletin boards of the various UniTrento Departments/Centres are usually full of advertisements posted by students and owners.

Temporary accommodation

If you come to UniTrento for a few days you might need to find a temporary accommodation. In the links below you find the two major sites offering deals for temporary accommodation in both Trento and Rovereto.