The Master's degree programme in Environmental Engineering is a two-year full-time programme (120 ECTS) open to international students.
The programme admits every year a maximum number of 10 NON-EU students permanently resident abroad.
Students benefit of everyday interactions with internationally renowned professors and researchers. With a low ratio between students and teachers, and courses organized in projects and groupwork, students have the possibility to acquire both technical and practical competences and make experience with real-world challenges while attending the courses. Fields activities complement the learning opportunities.
The first year foresees 6 common courses and one course depending on the track that is chosen for the second year, when the programme is articulated into 4 tracks that cover different aspects of the broad spectrum of Environmental Engineering:
- Water Resources and Land Protection
- Environmental Quality and Remediation Technologies
- Environmental Sustainability and International Cooperation
- Modelling and Simulation
Tracks 3 and 4 are totally taught in English; for tracks 1 and 2, some courses are taught in Italian
Master's graduates are able to design and manage works and services in various areas of environmental engineering, such as:
- land protection from natural and anthropogenic hazards, analysis and mitigation of hydrogeological risk, protection and requalification of water bodies;
- urban infrastructures, hydraulic structures, civil works within an environmental context;
- sustainable management of environmental resources, treatment of emissions in solids, liquids and gases, quality monitoring, pollution prevention and remediation of environmental matrices (air, water, soil);
- management of the territory and the built environment, even in the presence of conflicting uses of resources, with a view to environmental sustainability and in the context of specific socio-economic contexts.
Furthermore, graduates are able to:
- select and use mathematical and numerical models;
- acquire and analyze data for environmental monitoring;
- analyze and interpret complex environmental data;
- analyze and evaluate the environmental impact of civil and industrial works and develop strategic environmental assessment procedures for plans and programs;
- interact with experts from different disciplines and cooperate to solve complex environmental problems.
Graduates work as designers, managers and modellers in a wide range of areas connected with environmental issues.
Graduates can also continue their career with doctoral studies, in Italy and abroad, and within start-up companies.
Students enrolled in a Master's degree programme at the University of Trento have the chance to go abroad for a period of study in another partner university in the framework of a specific exchange programme, such as Erasmus+ (in one of the EU partner Universities) or Bilateral Agreements /GE4 (in one of the partner Universities outside Europe).
In addition, students of the Master's degree in Environmental Engineering may participate in the double degree programme with the following institutions: