How to apply
Admission to BEA is highly selective: there is intense competition for a class of 30 students.
Take your time when filling in the application is extremely important. The application provides the Admission Committee with fundamental information to evaluate you and your potential for the development of your skills. It is essential to provide accurate information on your relevant academic and professional achievements along with concerns, aspirations, and motivations that could support your application.
- I call: from March 22 to April 19, 2019 at 12.00 (GMT+1): All students can apply. Non EU students not currently living in Italy must apply by the first deadline.
- II Call: from April 29 to June 13, 2019 at 12.00 (GMT+1): EU applicants and NON-EU applicants currently living in Italy.
- Read carefully and download the Call for Admission 2019-2020: Italian version and English version
- Download the Application Package required and check the admission requirements below
- Submit the online application
- Pay the application Fee (15€) by credit card after submitting the application (information in the confirmation email)
- Check below the Admissions criteria and results
Compulsory attachments for a correct application:
- Transcript of records and Grade Point Average
- Proof of English proficiency (min. B2 level)
- Two reference letters
- CV in English
- GMAT or GRE
- Other relevant experiences/Specialization
A three or four years Bachelor’s degree obtained/to be obtained by*:
- end of June: if you are Non-Eu applicant living abroad;
- end of October: if you are European applicant or Non-European applicant currently living in Italy
*Please note that you have to be in Trento by the end of August to attend compulsory crash courses.
Minimum B2 level of English (according to the European Common Framework) - suggested C1.
Minimum number of credits in the following areas*:
- at least 16 credits in the sectors SECS-P/01, SECS-P/02, SECS-P/03, SECS-P/04, SECS-P/05, SECS-P/06, SECS-P/12 - (Economics)
- at least 6 credits in the sectors SECS-P/07, SECS-P/08, SECS-P/09, SECS-P/10, SECS-P/11 - (Business and Administration)
- at least 8 credits in the sectors MAT/05, MAT/06, MAT/09, SECS-S/01, SECS-S/03, SECS-S/04, SECS-S/06 - (Statistics, mathematics and quantitative methods)
* for the applicants that are getting the Bachelor Degree outside Italy, the sectors are specified in brackets. The Admission Board will evaluate if the applicant's study plan meets the requirements.
Please find below the admission criteria that will be used for your applications' evaluation up to 100 points:
- Grade Point Average in percentage terms (%)* of the Bachelor Degree and Curriculum Vitae: Up to 25 points
- International tests (English language proficiency min. B2 and GMAT/GRE): up to 35 points
- Admissions Committee Evaluation (CV, reference letters, general evaluation of the applicant): up to 40 points
*In order to calculate the GPA consider the weighted mean of your grades as reported on your Transcript of records and turn it into %.
Admission procedure and final decision
After the deadlines, the BEA Admission Team assesses the application information and reserves the right to deny candidate admission at any point of the application process if a discrepancy between the self-reported information and information provided through verification is noted. Once all packages are received, each application will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee, which will evaluate all aspects of each candidate as a whole.
The Admission Committee may require an interview, which may be done on campus or by Skype. The aim of the interview is to complete the application process by providing the Committee with exhaustive information about the applicant’s competences and motivation. Should these clearly emerge from the written application, the final interview is not necessary.
The rankings of the BEA selection process for the a.y. 2019-2020 are available one month after the application's deadline. Applicants will be notified of the Committee's decision by email too. Admitted candidates will be asked to pay an Admission confirmation fee of €100,00 (one hundred Euro) within 7 days from the publication of the ranking list to confirm their acceptance of the place. This payment will not be reimbursed.
Please contact the bea [at] unitn.it (Master Manager) for any question.