How to apply
Admission to BEA is highly selective: there is intense competition for a class of 30 students. The application will be online.
Taking your time when filling in the application is extremely important. The application provides the Admission Committee with fundamental information to evaluate you and your potential for the development of your skills. It is essential to provide accurate information on your relevant academic and professional achievements along with concerns, aspirations, and motivations that could support your application.
- I call: from December 18th, 2020 to March 5th, 2021 at 12.00 (Italian time). Open to all applicants. NON EU applicants living permanently abroad must apply by the first deadline.
- II call: from April 12th, 2021 to June 30th, 2021 at 12.00 (Italian time). Open to EU applicants and NON EU applicants already living in Italy
- Read carefully and download the Call for Admission 2021-22: Italian version and English version
- Check the Minimum requirements and the Application's requirements below
- Submit the online application
- Pay the application Fee (15€) by credit card after submitting the application (information in the confirmation email)
- Check below the Admission criteria and results
A three or four years Bachelor’s degree obtained/to be obtained by:
- end of June: if you are Non-Eu applicant living abroad;
- end of October: if you are European applicant or Non-European applicant currently living in Italy
Minimum B2 level of English (according to the European Common Framework)
Minimum number of credits in the following areas*:
- at least 16 credits in the sectors SECS-P/01, SECS-P/02, SECS-P/03, SECS-P/04, SECS-P/05, SECS-P/06, SECS-P/12 - (Economics)
- at least 6 credits in the sectors SECS-P/07, SECS-P/08, SECS-P/09, SECS-P/10, SECS-P/11 - (Business and Administration)
- at least 8 credits in the sectors MAT/05, MAT/06, MAT/09, SECS-S/01, SECS-S/03, SECS-S/04, SECS-S/06 - (Statistics, mathematics and quantitative methods)
* for the applicants that award the Bachelor Degree outside Italy, the sectors are specified in brackets. The Admission Board will evaluate if the applicant's study plan meets the entry requirements.
Transcript of records
In the application process you must upload a scan of your updated Transcript of records in English or Italian and the Diploma, if already obtained. Please express your Grade Point Average (GPA) in percentage terms (e.g. 78%). In order to calculate the GPA (up to 100%) consider the weighted mean of your grades as reported in your Transcript of records and turn it into % through a proportion.
Proof of English language (minimum level B2)
The English language (min. B2 level) is a mandatory requirement for being admitted to the selection and can be certified as follow:
- English native speaker
- International Certificate: please refer to the art. 2 of the Call for the accepted Certificates (ex. IELTS min. 6, TOEFL, Cambridge FCE, CAE; CPE, etc..).
- Previous Bachelor Degree entirely in English (upload an official statement from your University that certifies that courses and exams were held in English)
- GMAT score 580 or higher
- Having passed the B2 English language exam or higher in another University
CV in English
A brief but complete CV (pdf) should highlight the most important steps of your academic and professional career and include information about permanent contact and present address, phone number and e-mail as well as a Skype contact if available. There is not a specific layout required. You can choose the layout you prefer.
Two reference letters
At least two reference letters should be written (in English or Italian) by two referees. Referees may be, for example, professors at the University, managers in your Company, internship supervisors, etc... A mixture of academic and business reference letters may be the best solution if you have significant work experience after graduating or as intern during your studies, but it is not compulsory. Just consider that the reference letter should support your application to the Program.
You don not have to upload the reference letters in the online application, you just have to add the contact details of the referees.
The referees must send the Reference Letter by e-mail directly to the bea [at] unitn.it (Master Manager) by the application's deadline. It is your responsibility to contact the referees and ask them to send the reference letter via email to the Master Manager. The University of Trento will send a confirmation email to the referee after receiving the reference letter.
!!Letters sent from personal e-mail addresses, e.g. name [at] yahoo.it, as well as reference letters sent in any other way that doesn't respect the mentioned procedure, will not be considered.
Please find below the admission criteria that will be used for your application out of 100 points:
- Grade Point Average in percentage terms (%)* of the Bachelor Degree and Curriculum Vitae: up to 25 points
- International tests (English language proficiency min. B2 and GMAT/GRE): up to 35 points
- Admissions Committee Evaluation (CV, reference letters, general evaluation of the applicant): up to 40 points
*In order to calculate the GPA consider the weighted mean of your grades as reported in your Transcript of records and turn it into %.
Final ranking and admission
After the deadlines, the BEA Admission Team assesses the application information and reserves the right to deny candidate admission at any point of the application process if a discrepancy between the self-reported information and information provided through verification is noted. Once all packages are received, each application will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee, which will evaluate all aspects of each candidate as a whole.
The Admission Committee may require an interview, which may be done on campus or by Skype. The aim of the interview is to complete the application process by providing the Committee with exhaustive information about the applicant’s competences and motivation. Should these clearly emerge from the written application, the final interview is not necessary.
The rankings of the BEA selection process are usually available one month after the application's deadline. Applicants will be notified of the Committee's decision by email too. Admitted candidates will be asked to submit an online Application and pay 100€ in order to confirm the place in the Program.