How to apply
Admission to BEA is highly selective: there is intense competition for a class of 30 students.
Take your time when filling in the application is extremely important. The application provides the Admission Committee with fundamental information to evaluate you and your potential for the development of your skills. It is essential to provide accurate information on your relevant academic and professional achievements along with concerns, aspirations, and motivations that could support your application.
- I call: from November 21st 2019 to February 20th 2020 at 12.00 a.m. (UTC+1): All applicants. Non EU students living abroad must apply by the first deadline. EXPIRED
- II call: from March 31st 2020 to June 25th at 12.00 a.m. (UTC+1): EU applicants and NON-EU applicants currently living in Italy.
- Read carefully and download the Call for Admission 2020-2021: Italian and English.
- Download the Application Package required and check the admission requirements below
- Submit the online application
- Pay the application Fee (15€) by credit card after submitting the application (information in the confirmation email)
- Check below the Admissions criteria and results
Transcript of records
Upload a scan of your updated Transcript of records to the online application. Documents must be in English or Italian.
Please express your Grade Point Average (GPA) in percentage terms (e.g. 78%). In order to calculate the GPA (up to 100%) consider the weighted mean of your grades as reported on your Transcript of records and turn it into %.
Proof of English proficiency (min B2, CEFR)
Minimum level: B2 (suggested C1). The English language is a mandatory requirement for being admitted to the selection and can be certified as follow:
- English native speaker
- International Certificate: please refer to the art. 2 of the Call for the accepted Certificates (ex. IELTS min. 6, TOEFL, Cambridge FCE, CAE; CPE, etc..). The expiration date will not be considered, exceptionally.
- Previous Bachelor Degree entirely in English (upload an official statement from your University that certifies that courses and exams were held in English)
- GMAT score 580 or higher
- Have passed the B2 English language exam or higher in another University
!!! Considering the current situation, if you do not have any English language proof by the application's deadline, you can still submit the application. If you are eligible, you will be interviewed by the Admission Committee to verify the English language knowledge you declared. The interviews will be scheduled after the application's deadline.
The Admission Committee will be flexible about the validity period of the English Certificates as well.
CV in English
A brief but complete CV (pdf) should highlight the most important steps of your academic and professional career and include information about permanent contact and present address, phone number and e-mail as well as a Skype contact if available.
Two reference letters
At least two reference letters should be written (in English or Italian) by your Professors at the University and/or by Managers in your Company. A mixture of academic and business reference letters may be the best solution if you have significant work experience after graduating or as intern during your studies.
Reference letters must be sent by e-mail directly to the bea [at] unitn.it (Master Manager) by the referees you have selected and indicated in the online application form. It is your responsibility to contact the referees and ask them to send the reference letter via email to the Master Manager. The University of Trento may contact the referees after receiving the reference letters for further information.
Reference letters do not have to be uploaded on the online application: they must be sent from the referees' institutional e-mail address within the application deadline. Once the reference letter has been received, the University of Trento will send a confirmation email.
!!Letters sent from personal e-mail addresses, e.g. name [at] yahoo.it, as well as reference letters sent in any other way that doesn't respect the mentioned procedure, will not be considered.
A three or four years Bachelor’s degree obtained/to be obtained by:
- end of June: if you are Non-Eu applicant living abroad;
- end of October: if you are European applicant or Non-European applicant currently living in Italy
Minimum B2 level of English (according to the European Common Framework)
Minimum number of credits in the following areas*:
- at least 16 credits in the sectors SECS-P/01, SECS-P/02, SECS-P/03, SECS-P/04, SECS-P/05, SECS-P/06, SECS-P/12 - (Economics)
- at least 6 credits in the sectors SECS-P/07, SECS-P/08, SECS-P/09, SECS-P/10, SECS-P/11 - (Business and Administration)
- at least 8 credits in the sectors MAT/05, MAT/06, MAT/09, SECS-S/01, SECS-S/03, SECS-S/04, SECS-S/06 - (Statistics, mathematics and quantitative methods)
* for the applicants that award the Bachelor Degree outside Italy, the sectors are specified in brackets. The Admission Board will evaluate if the applicant's study plan meets the entry requirements.
Please find below the admission criteria that will be used for your applications' evaluation up to 100 points:
- Grade Point Average in percentage terms (%)* of the Bachelor Degree and Curriculum Vitae: up to 25 points
- International tests (English language proficiency min. B2 and GMAT/GRE): up to 35 points
- Admissions Committee Evaluation (CV, reference letters, general evaluation of the applicant): up to 40 points
*In order to calculate the GPA consider the weighted mean of your grades as reported on your Transcript of records and turn it into %.
Admission procedure and final decision
After the deadlines, the BEA Admission Team assesses the application information and reserves the right to deny candidate admission at any point of the application process if a discrepancy between the self-reported information and information provided through verification is noted. Once all packages are received, each application will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee, which will evaluate all aspects of each candidate as a whole.
The Admission Committee may require an interview, which may be done on campus or by Skype. The aim of the interview is to complete the application process by providing the Committee with exhaustive information about the applicant’s competences and motivation. Should these clearly emerge from the written application, the final interview is not necessary.
The rankings of the BEA selection process are available one month after the application's deadline. Applicants will be notified of the Committee's decision by email too. Admitted candidates will be asked to submit an online Application. Instruction will be provided accordingly.