The Master's degree course in Agrifood Innovation Management is the result of the collaboration between the University of Trento and the Edmund Mach Foundation and is hosted in the San Michele all'Adige campus: a center equipped with infrastructures and technologies that allow the transfer of theoretical and applied knowledge.
In addition to classrooms, there are: a study room with computer stations, two teaching laboratories fully equipped for biology and chemistry activities, experimental greenhouses, several laboratories equipped for the analysis of agri-food products and food processing, an educational cellar and a farm with specific areas used for field teaching activities.
The province of Trento is an area characterized by a strong synergy between research, production and promotion. This creates an ideal context for a degree programme which aims to bring students closer to the job market.
The Steering Committee of this degree programme is composed by the degree course coordinator, instructors nominated by the Center Council, a student representative, an administration manager and 15 experts from the academic and professional arena who were nominated by the Center C3A Council.
The Master's degree is characterized by
Traditional educational activities
- Standard lectures
- Classroom practicals
- Laboratory practicals
Innovative educational activities
- Field practicals
- Innovative teaching: learning by doing, challenge-based learning, role playing, problem solving
- Academic and professional seminars as well as internships in the agrifood industry
- An industry-based research project aimed at developing and optimizing a product or a technology (length: 6 months)
- Workshops with experts from the agrifood sector
- Visits to agrifood companies.