The Fulbright Program was established to promote study, research and teaching in Italy and the United States through scholarships for Italian and US citizens, so increasing mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries. In Italy, the programme has started in 1948 with the first agreement signed between the US Department of State and the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs together with the establishment of the Commission for cultural exchanges between Italy and the United States (The US-Italy Fulbright Commission).
The University of Trento provides an information service on Fulbright scholarships for study in the US.
Fulbright scholarships targeted to Italian citizens are:
Fulbright Master and PhD
The Fulbright Master and PhD scholarships for post-graduate specialization courses in an American university are available for the following projects:
- Fulbright Self-Placed for attendance of post-graduate specialization courses in an American university;
- Fulbright Fin-Meccanica for attendance of a Master programme of one or two years in technological and scientific subjects in an American university;
- Fulbright IIE-Placed for attendance of post-graduate courses in an American university;
- Fulbright Santoro for attendance of a Master programme in International Relations in an American university.
NEW! for the a.y. 2017-18
- Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSI) for European Student Leaders Programme– 5 weeks- intensive courses in Civic Engagement/Social Entrepreneurship in an American university;
- BEST Programme – Intensive courses in Entrepreneurship e Management combined with internship;
- Fulbright-NIAF-Georgetown Programme – Research Lectureship in Education at Georgetown University