The number of international exchange opportunities offered to students by the University of Trento is wide indeed at all levels of studies (bachelor, master and doctorate). The University management is strongly convinced that a University education carried out abroad, even though partially, can improve the student educational growth. Thanks to these opportunities, students will acquire a remarkable complex and experienced knowledge which will be important for a competitive curriculum at national, European and international level.
For more information about the international opportunities at the University of Trento, please see here.
The University of Trento and the International School for advanced Studies (SISSA) in Trieste offer a joint education program named Graduate Program in Cognitive Science.
The two-year program is offered to students selected for the Master’s course in Cognitive Science at UNITN. Students enrolled in the Program will spend the first year at the Center for Mind/Brain Sciences (CIMeC) and the second year at SISSA.
Admitted students who succeed in fulfilling the requirements of the Program will obtain the official Italian degree Laurea Magistrale in Cognitive Science - Scienze Cognitive (classe LM-55 Scienze Cognitive) from UNITN and the Diploma (Magister) in Cognitive Science from SISSA.
Every year up to 4 selected students (at least 2 places are reserved to non-EU students) can participate in the UNITN-SISSA Program and they will receive economic benefits during their stay in the respective locations.
Candidates are required to apply online by 23 March 2017 (for non-EU and EU candidates), filling all the sections required by the online application form for the Master’s course in Cognitive Science, and the statement of purpose for the Program in the section Track selection and UniTn-SISSA Program.
The labs available for internship and Master's thesis research at SISSA are the following:
- Tactile Perception and Learning Lab (PI: Mathew Diamond): https://www.sissa.it/cns/tactile
- LIMBO - Liminar Investigation of Memory and Brain Organization (PI: Alessandro Treves): http://people.sissa.it/~ale/limbo.html
- iNSuLa - Neuroscience and Society Lab (PI: Raffaella Rumiati): http://insula.sissa.it
- Visual Neuroscience Lab (PI: Davide Zoccolan): http://people.sissa.it/~zoccolan/VisionLab/Home.html
- Reading, Language and abstract Cognition Lab (PI: Davide Crepaldi): http://www.davidecrepaldi.net
- PI: Domenica Bueti: http://phdcns.sissa.it/faculty
To learn more about the Cognitive Neuroscience research sector at SISSA, please click here.
For more details about the application procedure please see the Call for Applications to the a.y. 2017-18 in the Download box.
For more information about the Program's structure and to read the Program guidelines please see here.
Co-funded by Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Trento e Rovereto
The double degree is an integrated study program (also called joint study plan), established by two or more universities. It allows students to attend a part of their university career at the University of Trento and another at a partner university, thus achieving an Italian and a foreign qualification at the same time. We offer this program with the universities listed below.
The University of Osnabrück (Germany) is a public university with about ten thousands students. It is known for its interdisciplinary programs, many of which are unique in Germany, including its diploma and graduate studies in cognitive science. Research areas include artificial intelligence, computational linguistics, neuropsychology, neuroinformatics and philosophy of mind.
The CIMeC has also bilateral agreements with partner universities from all over the world:
- Universidade de São Paulo (Brasil)
- Universidade Estatual de Campinas (Brasil)
- Université de Sherbrooke (Canada)
- McMaster University (Canada)
- Carleton University (Canada)
- University of Colorado Boulder (USA)
- Barnard College (USA)
- University of Kansas (USA)
- West Virginia University (USA)
- Zhejiang University (Hangzhou - China)
- University of the Philippines Diliman (The Philippines)
- Chulalongkorn University (Bangkok - Thailandia)
- University of Adelaide (Australia)
- Melbourne University (Australia)
- Auckland University of Technology (New Zealand)