- This Master’s program in Cognitive Science offers a unique opportunity for students aiming to train as scientists. Its main aim is to prepare strong Ph.D. candidates who are well trained and that can be competitive and confident in performing research in international settings.
- All courses are given in English by scientists who developed research programs in top level institutions, through their wide network of international collaborations.
- Students have access to the laboratories during the master’s program, thus gaining invaluable hands-on experience with the latest research technologies, including fMRI, EEG, MEG, TMS and eye tracking. This opportunity, usually granted only at the doctoral level courses, will provide the type of adequate technical skills necessary for acceptance into competitive Ph.D. programs. Students have been accepting into leading graduate studies in Universities including Cambridge and Dartmouth.
- The Master’s program is open to and aimed towards students from diverse backgrounds, including students with no background in cognitive sciences.
The Master in Cognitive Science program is international: our students arrive from all continents and, after graduation, find positions in their home countries and others. A recent survey conducted on 84 graduates of the program shows that 77% are currently employed.
Though the program is relatively young, its strength is already evident in the satisfaction reported by the students and in their placement after graduation. The program prepares the students for various Ph.D. opportunities. We are proud that many of MSC graduates want to continue with Ph.D. training at UNITrento.
Below are listed some of the universities and research institutes our graduates have moved on to:
- Asian Institute of Management, PHILIPPINES
- Dartmouth College, USA
- Harvard University, USA
- Johns Hopkins University, USA
- Medical University of South Carolina, USA
- University of British Columbia, CANADA
- University of Connecticut, USA
- University of Southern California, USA
- University of Western Ontario, CANADA
- Üskudar University, TURKEY
- Aix-Marseille University, FRANCE
- Basque Center on Cognition, Brain and Language, SPAIN
- Birkbeck University of London, UK
- CNRS, FRANCE
Donders Institute, Radboud University, THE NETHERLANDS
- École de Neurosciences Paris Île-de-France, FRANCE
- Imperial College London, UK
- Justus-Liebig-Universität Gießen, GERMANY
Medical University of Innsbruck, AUSTRIA
- Technical University of Munich, GERMANY
- UCL, UK
- University of Antwerp, BELGIUM
- University of Birmingham, UK
- University of Bournemouth, UK
- University of Bremen, GERMANY
- University of Edinburgh, UK
- Universidade de Lisboa, PORTUGAL
- University of Liverpool, UK
University of Louvain, BELGIUM
- University of Nottingham, UK
Univeristy of Oslo, NORWAY
University of Regensburg, GERMANY
- Universitat Salzburg, AUSTRIA
- University of Tuebingen, GERMANY
- University of Twente, THE NETHERLANDS
- University of Utrecht, THE NETHERLANDS
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, THE NETHERLANDS
- IMT Lucca, ITALY
- Istituto Culturale Ladino, ITALY
- SISSA Trieste, ITALY
- Università degli Studi di Bologna, ITALY
- Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, ITALY
- Università degli Studi dell'Insubria, ITALY
- Università degli Studi di Trento, ITALY
We are also very proud of the success of those students who chose careers in industry. They have found interesting positions in management of academic research (both clinical and non-clinical), software development, and consulting.