If you wish to attend a few courses at our University not in the frame of an international programme and as a non-degree seeking student, you can choose the so called “single courses”.
Who can enrol to the courses
- Italian/international graduate (if you wish to seek employment in the public sector, or in order to apply for admission to a specialization program for which the passing of exams is required for courses not included in the original study plan).
- European/Italian student, or Non-European student already living in Italy, currently enrolled in Italian or foreign universities;
- Non-European student living outside Italy enrolled in foreign partner university of UniTrento. For further information please contact the International Office in your Home University.
- Italian/European student, or Non-European student already living in Italy, holding a high-school diploma which allows you to access higher education in the country where you obtained the qualification.
List of available courses
You can select the courses from this list. The relevant academic year and department/faculty must be selected.
For further information you can contact the Student Support Office.
Particularly check with Student Support Office if any of the chosen courses has a limited number of admitted students, as in this case the possibility of attending them is subject to the authorization from the Director of the Department.
Registration procedure and required documents
In order to register for single courses you need to:
1) register for a @unitn.it account at this link
2) submit in person/by fax/by email the following documents both to the Student Support Office and to Staff for International Activities (welcome [at] unitn.it):
- the application form with the list of chosen courses, available in the Downloads section of this webpage
- a copy of the ID card or passport
- a copy of the Italian tax code (that you will receive from the Staff for International Activities of the University of Trento upon your arrival to Italy)
- a copy of your valid stay permit or the receipt of application (only if you are non-EU students living in Italy)
- further documents requested by the Student Support Office (e.g. certificate of Italian or English knowledge, etc)
- different study documents according to the following table. Original documents are always required.
the original university degree* officially translated in Italian or in English
European/Italian students, or Non-European students already living in Italy, currently enrolled in Italian or foreign universities
the original enrolment certificate;
the original transcript of records (officially translated in Italian or in English)
Non-European students living outside Italy enrolled in a foreign partner university of UniTrento
the original enrolment certificate (officially translated in Italian or in English);
original of the transcript of records (officially translated in Italian or in English), legalized (or with Apostille stamp)
Italian students, EU students or Non- EU students living abroad holding a foreign High School diploma which permits access to higher education in the country where the qualification was obtained
original of the high-school diploma (officially translated in Italian or in English);
The “Declaration of Value” of the High School diploma. This document can be requested at Italian diplomatic representative in the country where the qualification was obtained.
* University degrees obtained in the European Higher Education Area can be replaced by the Diploma Supplement.
Compulsory procedure for Non-EU citiziens living outside Italy
If you are a non-European student living abroad you must submit your application for single courses at the Italian diplomatic representation in your country by specific deadlines (approximately in August for the 1st semester, and December for the 2nd semester). The Diplomatic Representation will:
- send to the University of Trento the enrolment request;
- legalize the University certificate of enrolment and the transcript of records;
- legalize the official translation in Italian of the certificate of enrolment and the transcript of records, in case the Home University cannot provide official certificates in English.
Each course successfully completed is worth a specific number of ECTS credits
Tuition fees for single courses vary according to the total number of credits that the student is planning to earn.
The minimum fee is € 216.00 (registration + 6 credits). An extra € 30.00 fee is required for every credit exceeding the first 6.
For 6 credits = € 216
For 12 credits = € 216 for the first 6 credits + € 180 for the extra 6 credits = € 396
Payment of the tuition fees is made at the bank, with a payment order (called MAV) which will be available in the student’s online personal area after the official enrolment.
Further useful information
- single courses are compatible with the enrolment in other study courses;
- the enrolment in single courses lasts one academic year (from October to September);
- except for Non-EU students living outside Italy, the enrolment can take place any time of the year;
- access the University canteens;
- access to Italian language courses provided by the Language Centre of the University;
- no on campus accommodation is provided;
- no health insurance is provided (students must have a valid health insurance for the whole period of study);
- no financial support from Opera Universitaria (University Guild).
If you are moving in the framework of International mobility programmes you do not have to pay any fees. For further information click here
If are interested in studying at the University of Trento for thesis research issues as a free mover student (this means that you are not interested in attending single courses) you can send an email to welcome [at] unitn.it