Jointly run by the University of Savoie Mont Blanc (France), the University of Trento (Italy), the University of Kassel (Germany) and the University of León (Spain), the European Master in Business Studies (EMBS) is a two-year full-time Master’s degree in Management officially integrated in the new European Bologna system of higher education. EMBS has been developed in order to offer to European as well as to non-European students a unique opportunity of learning how to do business in Europe effectively. Apart from studying fundamentals of Management and Sales & Marketing on a European scale, students will learn “on site” the multicultural differences by working in groups of different nationalities and by spending one semester in each University of the consortium. The EMBS is composed of four semesters in four different European countries (Trento/Italy, Annecy/France, Kassel/Germany and León/Spain), as explained in the following scheme:
- 1st semester: University of Trento (Italy)
- 2nd semester: University of Savoie Mont Blanc (France)
- 3rd semester: University of Kassel (Germany)
- 4th semester: University of Leon (Spain)
|University of Trento||Italy|
|IAE Savoie Mont-Blanc||France|
|University of Kassel||Germany|
|University of Leon||Spain|
The EMBS is offered to small groups of students (30 students maximum) of various nationalities who learn to work and study together over a period of two years (120 ECTS) in a multicultural environment. The program starts in September each year and courses are taught entirely in English. Qualified faculty members and managers from European companies are involved in the teaching of courses, seminars and workshops.
Main aims of the EMBS are:
- Training and developing the European managers of tomorrow;
- Giving them all the tools and best practices to enable them to fit easily into international companies and feel at home in multicultural environments;
- Improving their ability in English (and other European languages);
- Offering a specific European professional oriented curriculum.
Aimed at graduates with a Bachelor in Economics, Management or Business Studies as well as at graduates with other study backgrounds (Social sciences, Engineering, Languages…) with a focus on Economics and Management, EMBS gives students the opportunity of starting their professional career with a sound theoretical knowledge in management and marketing mixed with practical experiences, like consultancy projects assigned during the course and a compulsory internship with a duration of at least 3 months which is scheduled for the end of the 2nd year.